Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 01:26 PM

Default Re: my continuing effort to find good places to donk

if you plan to fold to a turn raise then why bet? you aren't worried about a free card and if you check call you get to see the river for the same price as bet fold why turn down seeing a card that could make your flush, pair your K ?
Old 11-21-2005, 01:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess this makes sense.

But I really, really want to learn now to donk. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically never donk. I mean there is a reason it's called a donk bet. It's because crappy players do it and there is usually a better line to take than the donk.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think stop-and-goes are good at times, but I don't really like this term "donk bet", as it seems like it could mean several different things in different circumstances.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:32 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, I guess this makes sense.

But I really, really want to learn now to donk. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I basically never donk. I mean there is a reason it's called a donk bet. It's because crappy players do it and there is usually a better line to take than the donk.

Krishan

[/ QUOTE ]

I think stop-and-goes are good at times, but I don't really like this term "donk bet", as it seems like it could mean several different things in different circumstances.

[/ QUOTE ]

I consider a donk bet any lead after a check call. (or preflop call)

Krishan
Old 11-21-2005, 01:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Stop and go is definitely different in my mind, and much easier to justify.

I'm going to spend the next day donking all over the place, until I find a sensible situation. Everyone else is doing it, so I think I should be allowed to also.
Old 11-21-2005, 01:54 PM

Picky terminology point: a "stop-and-go" is really something different -- or at least it used to be when the term first started getting used around here about 2 years ago. A stop and go is a line taken to maximize fold equity based on stack sizes in a NL game. There's a good Fossilman post from way back that essentially defines it as a situation (a) where a raise or re-raise is just called preflop because moving all-in will have virtually no chance of getting the opponent to fold because of pot odds; (b) with the plan to move all in on the flop regardless of the flop, with the goal of maximizing fold equity.

Donk betting looks similar, but has importantly different principles, purposes, and applications.