Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 03:30 PM

Default Re: thoughts on marriage and money: am i totally off here?

[ QUOTE ]
Out of curiosity - how old are you and have you ever been in a committed relationship? (Let's say >3 months with one chick.)

My guess would be 15 - 17 years old, and no.

Not that you haven't banged tons of chicks or anything - I obviously have no idea - but I'd just be very surprised to learn you're even in / graduated from college yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

this whole thread sucked. if i could delete it i would.

but anyways im 19. never gone to college or plan to.

7 month relationship without cheating with 1 girl

you are probally thinking [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

i dont even remember why i started this thread. i think it was to say that its so weird being single and not needing money, but if you get married then its super-important.

i never said or meant to say one should devote massive amounts of time to getting laid -- i dont think its nessecary. if you have game then you dont need to work hard at all, but i still believe that its the most important thing in a single man's life. sort of like eating and drinking.

i dont see how the above contradicts itself.
Old 10-03-2005, 03:36 PM

Actually, the answer is, Getting married changes nothing. If getting pussy was what was most important before you got married, it'll still be most important afterwards.

This may change over time as you get older or get bored with pussy or whatnot. But it's not related to being *married* or not.

The flawed logic is that GettingMarried = EasyPussy. While this may be true for some of the (married) people some of the time, it's not universal or true for the majority.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This thread reminds me of that joke about the guy getting a blowjob from his wife-to-be on the night before their wedding.

But I don't tell jokes very well...

[/ QUOTE ]

So its the night before his wedding and this guy is getting a BJ from his wife-to-be. And he's thinking, "This is awesome, I'm about to marry the woman who gives the best blow jobs in the world!"
His wife to be is down on her knees with her future husbands wang in her mouth and she's thinking, "This is awesome. This is the last blow job, I'll ever have to give!"

BTW, different people look for different things in relationships. For me, having the close brother/sister relationship with a woman that you share attraction with is the coolest thing in the world. I've had other types of relationships, but to me, that is the most rewarding. I certainly hope that if/when I find a wife, I'll have that with her.
Old 10-03-2005, 04:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
jake,

you are a single guy. you can go [censored] a hot girl, but youd rather......(the thing thats more important then sex).

if there isnt anything you'd rather do, then how can you say its not the most important thing?

[/ QUOTE ]

You're completely missing the whole point. The point isn't what you'd rather do in a given moment. The point is how much time energy you put into chasing tail.

[/ QUOTE ]

jake, some people are nymphos (or are 15 year old boys). he's one of them.

[/ QUOTE ]

"It's nymphomania in women, ceteraiasis(sp) in men..."
Old 10-03-2005, 04:19 PM

[ QUOTE ]
For me, having the close brother/sister relationship with a woman that you share attraction with is the coolest thing in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]
Are you from the south?
Old 10-03-2005, 05:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I have less free time, disposable income, or sex in three years, it will be because we started a family

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see your point. All of the above happens to married people without children over time as well. It's not because you had kids - although I agree children will add another degree of difficulty.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this also happens to people who age, period. The immediate effect of getting married has been nothing but good. If in particular the sex life changes, I think I could identify the cause from among: busy with kids, just getting older, and general blase.

[ QUOTE ]

The 'more' income point is moot. It's not yours to spend however you like. You need to get permission from the Mrs. first and she has to agree that spending the money is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know we're doing things right in my marriage. I never see a cent of her money except for the common financial needs (house, utilities, kid). We contribute to joint checking for those things, the rest of what we make remains ours. She doesn't check with me when she wants new drapes, and I don't check with her when I want custom chips for that game we won't mention here.

Now I repeat my assertion that before having a kid I had more disposable income married than single.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:16 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now I repeat my assertion that before having a kid I had more disposable income married than single.

[/ QUOTE ]

Key is bold. Married or single, money is meh. Once that life is dependent on you, if you have significant disposable income you are either wealthy or a selfish [censored].
Old 10-03-2005, 05:28 PM

Ever since i have become financially well off i have found that girls(at least high quality ones) do not ever really think specifically about your money but that having a nice apartment/nice car/nice furnitute/cute dog/etc will just make them automatically put you in the column of Guys They Would Date. But it's more that they are attracted to you because you have your sh*t together and aren't lazy rather than actually being attracted to your money. For girls you pick up in a bar this doesn't matter but for higher quality chicks it is important.
Old 10-03-2005, 05:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This thread reminds me of that joke about the guy getting a blowjob from his wife-to-be on the night before their wedding.

But I don't tell jokes very well...

[/ QUOTE ]

So its the night before his wedding and this guy is getting a BJ from his wife-to-be. And he's thinking, "This is awesome, I'm about to marry the woman who gives the best blow jobs in the world!"
His wife to be is down on her knees with her future husbands wang in her mouth and she's thinking, "This is awesome. This is the last blow job, I'll ever have to give!"

BTW, different people look for different things in relationships. For me, having the close brother/sister relationship with a woman that you share attraction with is the coolest thing in the world. I've had other types of relationships, but to me, that is the most rewarding. I certainly hope that if/when I find a wife, I'll have that with her.

[/ QUOTE ]

the south of heaven, or just plain south, you're definitely there [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

but to actually contribute, of course you need to be close to your partner. The key is finding the balance between romance, excitement, energetic love and sex and a deep connection that has trust, understanding and a lot of the things you look for in friends....

you should be able to watch something dumb on tv together, talk about whatever's on your mind, laugh and tease each other...and then go wildly [censored] each others brains out later that night and early the next morning [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]<font color="white">....and night...and again.....</font>
Old 10-03-2005, 05:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If I have less free time, disposable income, or sex in three years, it will be because we started a family

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see your point. All of the above happens to married people without children over time as well. It's not because you had kids - although I agree children will add another degree of difficulty.

[/ QUOTE ]

All of this also happens to people who age, period. The immediate effect of getting married has been nothing but good. If in particular the sex life changes, I think I could identify the cause from among: busy with kids, just getting older, and general blase.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Try some hot monkey love with that hot secretary at work or a 20 year old coed and post a trip report.

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

The 'more' income point is moot. It's not yours to spend however you like. You need to get permission from the Mrs. first and she has to agree that spending the money is a good idea.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I know we're doing things right in my marriage. I never see a cent of her money except for the common financial needs (house, utilities, kid). We contribute to joint checking for those things, the rest of what we make remains ours. She doesn't check with me when she wants new drapes, and I don't check with her when I want custom chips for that game we won't mention here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This joint checking account fails to explain how you had more money. Maybe you stopped eating out? Single people can cook too.