Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Theory
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-27-2005, 12:29 AM

Default What is the best poker forum?

Any of you that read multiple forums, please inform me on which one you ge the most out of.

I think 2+2 is great but sometimes I can't keep up with the amount of posts in a day. Sometimes I post on a thread and forget to check the replies because it has been bumped to page 3 in a few hours. lol

Thanks for the help.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:41 AM

Default Re: What is the best poker forum?

It depends on what you play. I play SSHE and micro limit HE. I find the weekly "digests" in those forums to be very helpful. Sometimes extremely valuable info there.

I usually at least scan the probobility forum, I think a lot of that stuff is interesting. It depends on where you are in your poker skill and how interested in the math you are.

I usually read the psychology forum. My playing is very affected by things going on in my life. Otherwise known as - I'm prone to tilt. And I think most people have more emotional issues which affect their play than they are willing to admit. So I recommend this one.

The Magazine forum is interesting - you can scan it and see if anything catches your eye.

For diversion, I recommend the Science, Math, Philosophy forum. David Sklansky can really be out there with some of his ideas - but can be pretty interesting too.

It depends what game you play, at what level and what you're looking for. Want some ideas on books, on software, on tournies???? or whatever, its all there.
Old 08-27-2005, 03:45 AM

MICROS rocks a lot of undervalued players in there (I'm not one of them. Psycology is quite good. and yeah the philosophy forum blows my mind. It's just what you're into just pick a couple but don't try and read them all.
Old 08-27-2005, 07:26 AM

save your posts to favorites so that you can check up on them later.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:09 PM

The high stakes limit and no limit forums. If you play smaller stakes, you have to be careful about applying the concepts there against lesser caliber opponents. But still, the depth of analysis there just blows my mind sometimes.