Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 09:31 AM

Default Harrassment

I'm looking for some advice, my wife just started playing a few of the tournaments on stars. She has a female avatar and a feminine name. In the last several tourneys she's played in there has been at least 3 players at the table who start making comments about female players. Also their play borders on collusion with them raising each other to get her out of a pot and then checking it down.

Now this isn't so bad as she's a good player and can usually use it to her advantage, but do you think We'd be out of line to report them? Is there a rule on Stars about players hanging around after they're busted verbally abusing another player for the rest of the tourney?

Also I'd like to know if anyone else here has ever seen this type of behavior? Is it just found at the lower limits?
Old 07-10-2005, 09:54 AM

Default Re: Harrassment

[ QUOTE ]

Also I'd like to know if anyone else here has ever seen this type of behavior? Is it just found at the lower limits?

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude. This happens to women in *real life* everyday.

So uhhmm yeah. It's typical.
Old 07-10-2005, 10:39 AM

"Women are being offered sex every single day. Can I help you with that. Can I help you with some d.."

Chris Rock said it best. I'd change the avatar if it bothers her that much. Sucks, but humans are basically scums.
Old 07-10-2005, 12:06 PM

if it bothers you that much change the fcking avatar. and sir, please take off your panties!
Old 07-10-2005, 12:36 PM

[ QUOTE ]

Now this isn't so bad as she's a good player and can usually use it to her advantage...

[/ QUOTE ]

why the [censored] would you take away any advantage you have? Block their chat or report them. There's no need to ask for permission here before you do anything
Old 07-10-2005, 01:43 PM

I REALLY have to call shenanigans that players on stars are purposefully raising to get her out of a pot, then checking it down. Post just 2 examples of this happening from hand histories, and I'll believe you, otherwise I have a hard time believing that.

From my experience on stars, if anything, people softplay women more than anything.

I could see people verbally being abusive if they bust, etc. I think you simply report that, and stars support is very good about taking morons chat away for doing stuff like that.

Finally, as someone else said, another easy solution is to change the avatar (email support), and if need be, change the username (They will do this is the circumstances warrant it).

But I dont buy the part about raising her out of pots.

Nick
Old 07-10-2005, 01:47 PM

Whats her PS name? from your post it looks like she needs a real man to take up for her.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:49 PM

I got enough of this on my first account (party), that thereafter I chose androgynous names, and lied about my sex as necessary. (This led to a rather entertaining conversation with empire one time when they did an identity check, but they were understanding). It's damn irritating at best, i'm not sure which is worse, the abuse, the chat up lines, or the are you really female crap.

My advice would be to report anything that's blatantly out of line, and consider asking Stars for a name/avatar change if she just can't be bothered with this nonsense. Or just fight back. I've found that questioning the abuser's age can be particularly effective - can't think why that would be. And of course, there's always that moment of supreme pleasure, when their stack becomes one with yours.
Old 07-10-2005, 01:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I REALLY have to call shenanigans...

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl
Old 07-11-2005, 04:54 AM

First, I think Kaeser is probably a gentleman, and willing to maintain his dignity and that being willing to "type back" to someone is not a certain sign of manliness. That said, were I him I would email support about the problem, mute and make notes on the players, and if it bothered my wife, have her change her avatar. My wife can deal with stuff like pretty well, so she just bides her time and works on tilting that player. When she beats them in a pot, she quenstions their manhood, particularly if they fold to her. When I have the notes on that player, I sometimes needle them back, particularly if I am wanting them to continue to be loose players. Kaeser, sometimes someone insulting your wife online bothers you, I'm sure. If it adversly affects you, then don't watch her play, especially if she can take it. If she can't, mute, report, notate and exploit. If they call her the wrong thing in person, well...feel free to be as macho as you're able.