Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM

Default Re: What\'s the dumbest thing you have ever done that involves injury?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, I kinda did this to myself.

Playing pickup football in 10th grade, I caught a screen pass out in the flat and broke towards the 'sideline.' This was a makeshift field and the sideline was a ditch full of pointy rocks. Pursuing me was a 220 pound end from the actual football team, and he caught me and I landed between him and a big pointy rock. Broke the largest bone in my body (fibia I think it's called - you know, your freakin thigh bone) right above the knee. My knee was so full of blood they initially thought it was an ACL.

Worst thing was I tried to walk it off and go to Chemistry class after lunch, and then the teacher didn't believe me when I said I thought my leg might be broken. I was wearing baggy pants but my knee looked like a bloody volleyball. She finally had the smallest kid in the class help me to the nurse's office, and of course the little bastard dropped me along the way.

NT

[/ QUOTE ]

A

[/ QUOTE ]
A? Why is this dumb?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:36 PM

about 5 years old. fishing in hawaii. I was looking into a tide pool and saw a shrimp dart into a hole, so i decided to catch it for bait. I stuck my index finger into the hole to chase it out, not knowing that a moray eel was also in that hole.
moray eels have long, needle-like teeth that are built for chomping and holding. they also have jaws that can lock shut.

the eel decided that my finger looked tasty so it chomped my finger. had I just stayed there, it would have realized I wasn't food and let go after a few seconds. I panicked and pulled away.
Old 09-19-2005, 06:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]
High school, grade 11 English class. I sat at the very back of the classroom, directly beside a big window. This window was usually open, and I had a stupid habit of sticking my head outside to look around, spit, whatever. Teacher never said anything. So one day, normal routine, I stick my head out the window a few times during class. I leave to take a piss, come back to class, proceed to stick my head out the window, and CRASH!!!!! My head, through the window!! Damn idiot sitting beside me decided to close the window during my piss break. Luckily I had no injuries, my head hurt a little, but that's about it. The school actually made me pay for the window too.

[/ QUOTE ]

back then they made windows out of rock candy?
Old 09-19-2005, 06:47 PM

Yep, you definately win.

Mine isn't nearly as bad as some of these, but is a bit different although probably not all that uncommon.

At my grandparents cabin, 8 or 9 years old. I wanted to go swimming and no one was going with me (except my dad who was going down to the lake to read). I was in the water and my little brother came down for some reason. To induce him to get in I splashed him. He was unhappy with this and threw a full handfull of wet sand at me and hit me squarely in the face. I went underwater to try and wash out my eyes. After a bit I came up for a breath and to yell at him and got struck in the face with another handful of sand the INSTANT I opened my eyes. Because I had no time to react a ton of it got in my eyes. It took me over an hour to get it all out through blinking/blowing my nose/ crying etc. I guess I didn't get "injured," but it was a far worse experience then breaking my ankle, any of the times I've sprained my ankle(s) or the time I stepped on a wasp nest... and that is all I have to compare it to.
Old 09-19-2005, 07:14 PM

Im 11ish and in love with street hockey im always the goalie since i had all the equipment. My friends and i played at my friends house which was a 5 min bike ride from my house. Im headed over to his house to play and to get all my gear over there i strap most of it on. Anyway, im riding with leg pads, a mask,blocker, glove, goalie stick, & rollerblades tied together and strung
around my neck. I hit a bump in the road while not paying attention, the
stick gets jammed in the spokes, i fly over the handlebars and land squarely on my chin. To add embrassement to the story, an older girl in my neighborhood (who was hooot) and her mom were the first to drive by and see me. They help me walk myself home, and tell the bbsitter (also hot) just how stupid I was. I had stiches in my chin for a few weeks and could only eat soups & waterice for a week or so, luckily my jaw didnt have to get wired shut. My chin is slightly lobsided today from the sutures [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-19-2005, 08:04 PM

Here's a SIIMP story...

When I was about 10 or 11 years old I was walking home from school. It was the middle of winter and there'd been freezing rain recently and the roads were covered in ice. I was chatting with a friend of mine as I was walking home, and I was walking backwards so that I'd face him as I'm talking. Suddenly I tripped over a chunk of ice that was sitting on the road, and landed square on my tailbone on *another* chunk of ice -- this one much more pointy. The pain was excruciating. My idiot "friend" just laughed at me and walked home. I managed to hobble home on my own.

Later than night, the pain had gotten to be intolerable. I was getting desperate, so I started looking through the medicine cabinet for something to help the pain. I see some "Absorbine Jr." and see on the label that it "Reduces aches and pains". I figured this was the stuff for me.

In my infinite wisdom I decide to rub some of this onto my tailbone. For those of you who don't know, Absorbine Jr. is a liquid that comes in a soft plastic bottle that has a sponge-like applicator. You rub the sponge on the affected muscle while applying pressure and squeezing the bottle, and the liquid is released onto your skin. Absorbine Jr. is basically pure rubbing alcohol -- if you apply it to an open wound, or get any near your eyes, it stings like hell.

Anyway, I twist my arm around my body, place the bottle next to my tailbone, squeeze the bottle and press down *way too hard* on the applicator. The liquid comes gushing out of the bottle, runs over my tailbone, runs between my ass cheeks, and goes directly into my pooper. It felt like somebody had taken a red hot poker, shoved it in my ass, and then twisted it. Only worse.

I was trying not to scream in pain in the washroom, because I didn't want my parents to force their way in and find me standing there naked, tears running down my cheeks, with Absorbine Jr. in my bum.

I finally got the pain to subside a little by getting up on the bathroom counter, lying face down over the sink with my butt facing the tap. I turned the tap on and gave myself an enema until the pain subsided.

Since that day, my pooper has been strictly an "exit only" orifice.
Old 09-19-2005, 08:12 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I finally got the pain to subside a little by getting up on the bathroom counter, lying face down over the sink with my butt facing the tap. I turned the tap on and gave myself an enema until the pain subsided.

[/ QUOTE ]

The mental image I just had is one I wish to never have again!
Old 09-19-2005, 08:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]

I've broken every one of my fingers multiple times...

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I, for one, am not surprised.
Old 09-19-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The mental image I just had is one I wish to never have again!

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 09-19-2005, 09:14 PM

Last day of camp, the summer after seventh grade. This camp was at a college campus. Anyways, we're hanging out in front of the library waiting for our parents to come get us. The front of the library is a 6 foot ledge with a 6 foot wide, 6 foot tall shrub in front of it. At the edge of the ledge there's a bench.

So we're using the bench to valut off of the ledge and over the bushes. Everyone else went and it was my turn. I got a running start and hit the ledge. I jumped, but I didn't quite clear the brick wall that I didn't know was on the other side of the bushes. I caught my foot on the wall which pulled it underneath me. I landed on the ground sitting on the side of my foot.

I couldn't walk so my mom came and helped me home. She didn't believe that I had broken another bone (this would have been 5 in one year) so she and my dad went to a baseball game out of town the next day, leaving me home alone and unable to walk.

When they came back they realized I was really hurt. So 2 days after I broke my foot I finally got to the hospital. Turns out I broke so many tarsels and metatarsels that they could even tell how many were broken. They could count at least 6 and figured there was probably 8-9 broken bones in my foot.

Hard cast for 2 months, walking cast for a month.