Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2005, 03:55 AM

Default Taking the LSATs next week...

...and I know I'm gonna get screwed in the logic games section. I've been doing practice tests and I do fine until that section. If I do really well on the reading/writing sections and completely bomb the logic part, what is a realistic score to expect? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Why the [censored] did I sign up for this crap?
Old 09-21-2005, 04:03 AM

Default Re: Taking the LSATs next week...

pretty good, even bombing logic you can get 160-165
Old 09-21-2005, 04:03 AM

150-55ish prolly.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:05 AM

other reply is more realistic, i'm talking how you can do if you ace the other sections, 1-3 wrong each
Old 09-21-2005, 04:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
...and I know I'm gonna get screwed in the logic games section. I've been doing practice tests and I do fine until that section. If I do really well on the reading/writing sections and completely bomb the logic part, what is a realistic score to expect? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Why the [censored] did I sign up for this crap?

[/ QUOTE ]

There are only a handful of different types of logic questions. A good book would break down how to recognize and solve each different type.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
There are only a handful of different types of logic questions. A good book would break down how to recognize and solve each different type.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah, of all the sections, the games are definitely the most learnable. A week's gonna be pushing it though.
Old 09-21-2005, 04:32 AM

Buy a workbook, learn the different types of logic questions, focus on those sections on the practice tests. Your vocab and reading comp skills aren't likely to improve that much with study, but you could nail the logic section if you put in the time to memorize the different types. They are actually quite easy once you learn them.
Old 09-21-2005, 05:17 AM

Are you applying to law schools this fall?

I planned on taking the October LSATs as well, but I just realized that I don't have enough time. So I decided to take them December, because I think for the LSATs, a little more preparation goes a long way.

With regards to Logic Games, I would recommend the Logic Games Bible from Power Score.

With regards to Logical Reasoning, I would recommend the Logical Reasoning Bible.

Both are pretty solid. I went from getting 50% of the questions wrong in both sections to being able to destroy the logical reasoning section and do okay on the games section.

Games suck big time though, but what can you do. I think the games section separates the boys from the men.

But regardless, even if you're applying this year, I would say just ordering the logical games bible and taking the test in december.

While you might be at a slight disadvantage since you miss out on being able to apply Early, but I think a score improvement of 3-6, 7 points will make up for the lost time.

Good luck buddy.