Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2005, 10:42 PM

Default I rock!

So this is my 1600th post.

I just want to let y'all know that I couldn't have made it to where I am today without this forum. Thus, I encourage all the lurkers to start posting hands, and more importantly start reviewing hands. Don't afraid to be wrong, everyone knows I am sometimes. I've made a resolution not to look at my BB/100 for a while (I had a particularly shitty first 830 hands at 2/4) but I think that I'm turning the corner there. Special thanks to Entity, Shillx, btspider, zuluking for helping me out early in my 2+2 "career".

Anyway, here's some actual content (I'm sure that this will be cross-posted in SS):

C/Rer is 32/0 with FlopAgg 0.5, TurnAgg 2, RiverAgg 0 and has a 0% cr over 100 hands.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero ??

Now back to bonus clearing (which is quite dull and boring).

Thanks again,

John
Old 03-03-2005, 11:05 PM

Default Re: I rock!

Easy call down, he could have spiked an ace also, or have QQ eitherway u have outs for a boat. call.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Easy call down, he could have spiked an ace also, or have QQ eitherway u have outs for a boat. call.

[/ QUOTE ]

If he has QQ you are fukked
Old 03-03-2005, 11:12 PM

If he has QQ you are fukked

LOL
Old 03-04-2005, 12:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]

I just want to let y'all know that I couldn't have made it to where I am today without this forum. Thus, I encourage all the lurkers to start posting hands, and more importantly start reviewing hands. Don't afraid to be wrong, everyone knows I am sometimes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just a note on this.

My main problem with posting opinions is that I'm afraid that I won't get any feedback. I would rather have people telling me "dude, you're way off" (or any of its more blunt incarnations) as opposed to getting no insight on my posts. Maybe I wasn't hugged enough as a child and need to make up for it with public flogging, but I'm OK with that now.

Anyway, regarding the hand, you're behind to AQ/A5/Q5/55, based on preflop action. Possibly AK, if he's not a raiser of said hand. He likes to raise the turn, but doesn't do much on the river.

I call here. River is likely a check/call unless it's an ace.
Old 03-04-2005, 08:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]

My main problem with posting opinions is that I'm afraid that I won't get any feedback.

[/ QUOTE ]

Can't get any feedback if you dont post. heh.

Anyway, I called down and won. He had AT.
Old 03-04-2005, 10:38 AM

poooooooo-bah. hot stuff.
fwiw, i call down from the turn on. but i have no idea if that is a leak or not...because it looks so much like how a doof will slowplay trip queens. on the other hand, there are just so many Ax combinations that you are ahead of. perhaps that makes the answer self-explanatory.

wait. so your rough streak at 2/4 was only 800 hands?? he says, 6k hands into pwnage at 2/4. congrads on your successes. personally i think you have given to the forum a ton.
Old 03-04-2005, 12:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
...because it looks so much like how a doof will slowplay trip queens

[/ QUOTE ]

I understand that against the normal small stakes player, it is a good idea to avoid slow playing since they will call you down anyway. But if you know you are against a 2+2er, who has a solid aggression factor, I would think that here the slowplay and checkraise combo are very powerful. So maybe he is not a doof but had a read on Hero (except for the fact that he ended up showing down A-10). Any comments?
Old 03-04-2005, 12:44 PM

[ QUOTE ]

wait. so your rough streak at 2/4 was only 800 hands?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but the red numbers put up by those 800 hands will debilitate my BB/100 for about 20k hands into the future...

To pokerrookie:

This guy was a doof. But if a person was thinking on that level, it is a pretty good strategy (assuming that the A doesn't hit on the flop) b/c a 2+2er will (and should, in most cases) be betting on the flop his hands that he raised pf. So yeah. But this guy was a doof. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2005, 01:34 PM

well...except for this:
[ QUOTE ]
C/Rer is 32/0 with FlopAgg 0.5, TurnAgg 2, RiverAgg 0

[/ QUOTE ]

he just can't be a solid player after 100 hands like this.

he may, however, be a doof without trips who has seen hero fold to aggression during that session...so i could see hero's table image precipitating a bluff.

if, we didn't have a read i think calling down is an ok default line. and if we know villian to be tricky and aggressive, he could be doing this with many other hands than trips for the reason you bring up...so i still think we need to call it down.