Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-04-2005, 08:33 PM

Default the Daily

Hand 1

BB - TAG(19/11, Agg: 2.2/5.5/3)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is Button with K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB calls.

<font color="brown">Was thinking he might have an ace so I 3-bet and hoped for a freecard on the turn, if he bets again I fold.</font>

Turn: (5.20 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

<font color="brown">There we go.</font>

River: (5.20 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="brown">Call, yes?</font>

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

Hand 2

Villain 65/22, Agg: 1.5/2.2/3.7

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

<font color="brown">So he has 2 cards I think, this bet is standard?</font>

Turn: (3.20 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

<font color="brown">Should I have check-called turn and river since he's LAGish?</font>

Final Pot: 6.20 BB

Hand 3

This dude is, 44/7, Agg: 1/2/9

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (6 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, UTG calls.

<font color="brown">I have middlepair so I bet.</font>

Turn: (4 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

<font color="brown">Still have middle pair so I bet again.</font>

River: (6 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero ?

<font color="brown">I bet and close my eyes, what now? Pretty easy call, huh?</font>

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hand 4

Villain - 64/20, Agg: 1.5/2/2

Preflop: Hero is Button with 8[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, SB calls.

<font color="brown">Good?</font>

Flop: (10 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

<font color="brown">Gutshot and stuff so I call.</font>

Turn: (6 BB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (8 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="brown">Am I supposed to fold this somewhere?</font>

Final Pot: 10 BB

Hand 5

SB is 50/33, Agg: 2.7/2/2.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, SB calls.

Flop: (6 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

River: (7 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>

<font color="brown">Standard calldown against this guy?</font>

Final Pot: 9 BB

Something I noticed today; I think I have been folding pairs headsup too often, when someone raises me on the flop I just check-fold the turn, so I started calling down some more and trying it out and to my astonishment I won some pots [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 02-04-2005, 09:24 PM

Default Re: the Daily

in hand #4, I think I would've raised the flop to get some more information about his hand. If he goes into check-call mode, I'd bet it the rest of the way as long the cards are favorable. If he 3-bets you, I see the turn and fold if I miss.
Old 02-05-2005, 02:14 AM

Could you explain your thinking in hand 1? If you think he has an ace, your 3-bet isn't going to give you many more chances to win, since you've only got 2 outs. You're still going to lose. If he doesn't have an ace, you're missing a bet on the turn. I thought Nate tha Great mentioned something about how much he hated raising the flop to try to get to the river cheap, but I'm not sure. . .

In any case, to me it looks like you should dump it if you're afraid of an ace and keep pushing if you're not. Seems like you're trying to compromise, but that just seems distateful to me. I'm not sure what I would do though. . .I'm new to 5/10 6 max, so I'm looking for other people's thoughts.
Old 02-05-2005, 05:15 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Could you explain your thinking in hand 1? If you think he has an ace, your 3-bet isn't going to give you many more chances to win, since you've only got 2 outs. You're still going to lose. If he doesn't have an ace, you're missing a bet on the turn. I thought Nate tha Great mentioned something about how much he hated raising the flop to try to get to the river cheap, but I'm not sure. . .

In any case, to me it looks like you should dump it if you're afraid of an ace and keep pushing if you're not. Seems like you're trying to compromise, but that just seems distateful to me. I'm not sure what I would do though. . .I'm new to 5/10 6 max, so I'm looking for other people's thoughts.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if I wanted a showdown I just should've called down since I really don't want anything other than an ace to fold. That's pretty clear now. 3-bet was bad in my own opinion.
Old 02-06-2005, 12:46 AM

Anyone have some pointers on the rest of the hands?