Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 02:47 PM

Default Re: Make my hand and fold anyways?

I don't think an overpair is really calling a river here unless the guy is just atrocious. I'd check/call the river. I don't really see any problems with the hand besides that.
Old 12-07-2005, 02:53 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The simplicity of playing small pp is flop it or drop it.

Your hand range for villain is way too narrow. and speaking of hands, what kind of hand range can villain put you on? Limps UTG, calls a raise from the BB, leads the flop into a paired board when BB doesn't make a CB, then checks the turn when the str8 hits, but calls a weak bet OOP, then fires at the river?

From the looks of it villain has a big hand and is patiently waiting for you to make something. Lucky for him you made the low end of a str8 that was already there on the turn.

Check fold the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Stright wasnt there on the turn. Bt besides from that you make alot of good points. Only thing I dont agree with is betting the flop, it takes it down 50% of the time +. Of all the things I did in this hand, betting the flop is the one I question the least. I make that bet every time.

[/ QUOTE ]

turn was a 6. 87o is gold.
Old 12-07-2005, 05:39 PM

i call river without much thought
Old 12-07-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i call river without much thought

[/ QUOTE ]

I like you davis
Old 12-07-2005, 07:03 PM

as a general piece of advice after reading both these drawing hands...quit drawing to bad hands.

in both the hands your decision was made on the turn so the river is a no brainer...call and call

next time think about the consequences of these turn calls before you make them.

holla.
Old 12-07-2005, 07:07 PM

Default results

Ya, I dont mind drawing as long as I have discipline or a good read. In this hand I had neither.

When he pushed, I was like, okay, im gonna make a big laywdown despite the odds, sweet. But then my stupid brain kicked in and told me I only need to be ahead 1 time in 5 so I called.

Villan had 45. Flopped a boat. Oh well, but I posted the toher hand for contrast and to show that 2-4 6max plays pretty strange and you guys need to open your mind up a bit on this nitty play.
Old 12-07-2005, 08:55 PM

Default Re: results

[ QUOTE ]
you guys need to open your mind up a bit on this nitty play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.. you played both of these hands like crap. Get over yourself.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
you guys need to open your mind up a bit on this nitty play.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dude.. you played both of these hands like crap. Get over yourself.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yaya, I know, I know. Just meant in general, ppl here play too tight passive for my liking. Not this hand, this hand was ugly.
Old 12-07-2005, 11:32 PM

calling with bad draws then calling off your money on the river when you hit is stupid.

if you want to be bold push the turn in both these hands. if not then fold. calling is nitty.

(also i agree somewhat that the posters/advice in this forum is pretty weak at times, but this advice will continue to beat these games...albeit with little to no chance of turning anyone into a superb player.)
Old 12-08-2005, 12:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
calling with bad draws then calling off your money on the river when you hit is stupid.

if you want to be bold push the turn in both these hands. if not then fold. calling is nitty.

(also i agree somewhat that the posters/advice in this forum is pretty weak at times, but this advice will continue to beat these games...albeit with little to no chance of turning anyone into a superb player.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yep, this is exactly how I feel. Im trying to improve and get away from the abc game that I know can win, but id rather make more money by being a better player. So im looking to play hands differently and make more marginal decisions. So im posting these hands to get feedback on a dirrferent way of playing than im used to. I try to take all the posts with a grain of salt, but some of them are so set in their ways, them posting on a hand like this is ridiculous (I mean guys who wouldnt limp KT offsuit in position)

But ill take the criticism to heart and try to learn from it. It is clear now that I should fold the turn, or at least trust my read and fold for the extra 175. But then again, if we look at other hands, like the Q high flush where i won, it becomes harder to say which play is right. Accoridng to the posters here I should fold both, but I didnt, and I came out slightly behind. I know being short term results oriented is bad, but I still like to question alot of the "nitty" advice here.