Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-14-2005, 11:31 PM

Default KK Decision Time...

SB is a loose player who likes to make big overbets when he has it, Cutoff is a loose preflop player. No reads on his postflop play.

50$ NL 6 max
Hero (53.80) is UTG+1 with K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

UTG folds, Hero raises 2$, Cutoff (42.05) calls, button folds, SB (83.90) calls, BB folds

Flop comes 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 8 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (6.50)
UTG bets 2$, Hero raises to 6$, Cutoff raises to 12$, UTG calls, Hero...
Old 05-15-2005, 02:38 AM

Default Re: KK Decision Time...

No reads and he reraised. Some guys will think I am weak but I think you should have folded. Anothe r option would be to reraise him, and if he push, you know you are done. Given that he has position over you I dont think it would be a very good idea because if he flopped his nut, he wont give you a free card, knowing that you liked your hand enough to reraise on a suited flop. A call is the worse possible move, because you are buying what? Ad? for how much? You wouldnt have the odds. Besides the fact that we have not considered that UTG called, he might be holding Ad,x and he is waiting 1 of 8 outs to the nut.

If you stay on that pot, and let assume you reraised him, it will be extremly expensive to find out CO hand, because he should be putting you on top set, at least and if I were him I will fire pot sized bets to make it hard for you to outdraw me with the Full house. If you reraise and both UTG and CO calls, one of them might be slowplaying or be scared because of a "baby flush". They could be bluffed or one of them could try it on you if holding Ad. Reraise or call are, the first hard and probably unnecesary and the second too bad. They both get you on dangerous grounds. You are beat in so many ways in this hand...

Hero should FOLD here. NL should be about maximizing your monsters and getting out of those conflictive, hard, scary hands! I know it is easier to say it than do it, but your preflop monster is not worth a penny in that flop.... You did it very well reraising to find out who has the made hand. You got enough info for a relative low price. Again, FOLD.

This way of playing will give you very low variance.

Tell me the results....

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

AlexMR