Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 05:23 AM

Default Re: 7 card stud on LV strip?

Just was in Vegas about a month ago. I was in the same boat and saw stud at the Plaza, El Coretez?, Sam's and Excalabur. All the games were good but I couldn't get into the one at Excalabur and the dealers said the same older people play all day. He said unless I really knew I could win that I would probably not have fun. I ran into a bunch of kids and just regular guys at the Plaza.
Old 04-19-2005, 06:54 AM

I played at the Mirage at New Year and sat at a $1-5 stud game while waiting for the Hold'Em lists to clear.

I can't tell you much about how the game was as I got called for $10/20 Hold'Em after 2 hands.

The only other place I saw Stud being spread at all was Bellagio (at something like $30/60 limit) and Orleans (off-strip).

Sheriff
Old 04-19-2005, 10:08 AM

when iwas at the plaza the stud game ran fairly often. and it wasnt as rocky as i thought. i won a 170 dollar pot with 7s up.... friendly staff there too although some dealers are better than others.
jason
Old 04-19-2005, 07:34 PM

In Vegas these days, the problem with pretty much anything but variations of Texas Hold'em, is that even if poker rooms want to spread other games, they can't. Why? Because there simply aren't enough interested players.

Most poker players want to play Hold'em. This is sad, but it's the way it is. I've talked to a lot of room managers that would love to get a regular stud game going, but it just can't happen. Do you really want to play stud heads up? I don't think so.