Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-14-2005, 11:41 AM

Default Re: Girls night out. Your g/f or wife wants to go...

Warning... DWEEB ALERT!!!!

I married a woman whose definition of "girls night out" is dinner and a glass or two of wine with 2 or 3 close friends. Her idea of a girls weekend is a PalmSprings trip soaking up sun and dinners with 3glasses of wine.

She married a man whose definition of guys night out is either:
a - Poker until 1am
or
b - Hockey followed by a stop at the bar with the boys for a beer and home by 1am
or
c - no, that's about it....
and guys weekend is the SuperBowl in Vegas which means lots of driving, little sleep, lots of drinking, blackjack, poker, and more drinking.

With these definitions there is nothing to not trust .. perhaps I'm not qualified to respond?

FishNChips
Old 04-14-2005, 11:44 AM

I am estatic. I get a free night to play poker without hearing her complain and I also get a voucher for a fun pass of my own. BTW my wife's girls nights out are not nights of drunken debauchery so that makes it easier.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:50 AM

[ QUOTE ]
No, I don't worry about it at all.

Of course, if it gets to the point where I'm worried about her cheating, its probably time for me to dump her anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

-Diplomat
Old 04-14-2005, 11:56 AM

I personally don't like to dance. If my girl feels the need to get out there and dance a little with a bunch of guys....so be it. I'll drop her off at the club if she wants. What's the big deal? It's not like she loves me any less or is going home with one of them. She gets to dance and I get to play hours of online poker uninterupted.
Old 04-14-2005, 11:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am estatic. I get a free night to play poker without hearing her complain and I also get a voucher for a fun pass of my own. BTW my wife's girls nights out are not nights of drunken debauchery so that makes it easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what it comes down to. If you're with a woman who parties hard, is flirtatious and attractive, and so forth, you might trust her and still not enjoy her "girls night out". Communication and honesty is key. If you don't like her dancing all close with guys at a club while drunk, tell her that. If she sees that it means something to you, she won't do it. Reverse is true though. If she's really bothered by strip clubs etc you have to think of her as well. Its a balancing act that two people have to work on together.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW my wife's girls nights out are not nights of drunken debauchery so that makes it easier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now I have to ask, am I in a lame relationship and have lame friends - since I am pretty sure the above applies to me as well. Who the heck has a girl friend/wife that DOES go out on a night of drunken debauchery with her friends? Isn't that what they do BEFORE they settle down with a siginificant other?

Who wants to step up and admit to:

1. Going out on a drunken "debaucherous" (sp?) guys night out.
2. Knowing their girl friends/wives do same.

EDIT: As an aside: I do go out with the guys to strip clubs, my wife can do same if she chooses. If she wants to go to a club and dancew, thats cool too - but it won't be "a night of drunken debauchery" - just a few drinks and dancing with her friends. I think this idea that if they go out and drink/dance, it will end up with their panties on a bathroom floor somewhere giving random guy head is ridiculous.
Old 04-14-2005, 12:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If she's really bothered by strip clubs etc you have to Say [censored] her .

[/ QUOTE ]

FYP
Old 04-14-2005, 12:28 PM

if you knew she also liked to feel up the other guys johnson while they danced, would you still be cool with it?

[ QUOTE ]
I personally don't like to dance. If my girl feels the need to get out there and dance a little with a bunch of guys....so be it. I'll drop her off at the club if she wants. What's the big deal? It's not like she loves me any less or is going home with one of them. She gets to dance and I get to play hours of online poker uninterupted.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-14-2005, 12:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
We all know what happens when it's girls night out. We've been the guys they meet on these little innocent outings.

[/ QUOTE ]

huh? you are one paranoid dude. Girls night out usually consists of sitting around cackling about husbands, not picking up dudes in bars. I bet no one here has a "so this chick was on a "girls night out" just looking to bang" story.

just cuz you see a group girls at a bar, doesnt mean its girls night out, it means they are a group of girls, who are at the bar. There is a big difference between the two
Old 04-14-2005, 12:31 PM

bernie if she is going to cheat drunk she would cheat sober. if you are that offended by her dancing with other dudes you need to either relax or get a girl that wont dance because its really pretty harmless if she wants it to be. of all the women you have ever danced with how many did you sleep with? less than those you danced with is my guess and for most guys id say its a lot less. let her have fun relax man.