Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 08:35 PM

Default Re: The dude who cried when his K high flush lost

Yeah, I'll give him a mulligan too on that one. I did laugh when he said that though. My UPC TV appearance is next month, and I am already fearing how dumb I'll look in the interviews. I talk extremely fast and not sure if I made any sense at all. My exit interview was stupid too but that was the interviewers fault, his question made zero sense.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:40 PM

He went to IU! I can no longer admit to being an IU alumni (should have listened to my mother and stayed closer to home). Please don't tell me he lived in the Sammy house.
Old 10-26-2005, 09:51 PM

I don't think he was being egotistical with that commment. I think he was being truthful with the comment -- If a young kid fresh out of college won 7.5 million at the main event, alot of college kids would want to be him.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:06 PM

thats what Im saying, it coulda come off that way, but I just see him as being a nice nice guy.

its about damn time. and its cool to see more evidence that Ivey's not a dick.
Old 10-26-2005, 10:43 PM

World Series Of Tiddly Winks!

I am ALLLL INNNNN!!!
Old 10-26-2005, 10:49 PM

I thought it was very funny.

That is the problem though, ESPN put the guy to tv to mock him. I dont really believe in that. I sure hope the guy can laugh about it now, but that is probably not the case since he was crying about it then.
Old 10-26-2005, 11:18 PM

I believe finocchio is a flower or a plant. Maybe Don Corleone was calling him a hollywood flower child or sissy boy.

Anyway, anyone that claims that they haven't felt like crying after a particularly tough loss is not being honest. This fellow just honestly expressed how he felt when he lost a critical hand. Why would anyone find it necessary to be critcal of him for being honest. Besides unlike baseball there is crying in poker. If you don't believe me just play online for a while.

Vince
Old 10-27-2005, 12:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
on another note, what about the guy who seemed to get friendly with phil ivey? the second in chips youngn? he seemed extremely down to earth, until he said "college kids will want to be the next me"... but I'll give him a mulligan, I mean, if I ever make it on camera, I might ham it up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Phil had to be nice to him. The guy had position on him on every round except for one hand.

I'm always nicer to the guy with position on me. It's smart.
Old 10-27-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Did anyone feel bad for this guy? " I played perfectly for 3 days" Give me a break. Do you want your mommy? Maybe David William's mom can bring you some milk and cookies to make you feel better.
Be a man. You're playing poker not tiddly winks.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely didn't feel sorry for him. I can relate to the pain on losing a big hand when I felt I shouldn't have and had something decent (hell, happened in a big way last night), but 2nd nut flush on a 3 flush board is pretty much an automatic call. If you still have chips and are in the money, you are lucky, end of story. Maybe he made a mistake before the call, but the call was mandatory for any but the most arrogant poker players. And those are the arrogant players that will fold middle or bottom set on an otherwise uncoordinated board and talk about what a great fold it was.

He deserved a Milwaukee's Best Light can in the worst way.

Prahlad had similarly nasty luck televised having aces full of kings against Ferguson's quads.

Interesting.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:06 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I believe finocchio is a flower or a plant. Maybe Don Corleone was calling him a hollywood flower child or sissy boy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not that anyone cares, but...

Finocchio is the name for Italian fennel. It is also a slang term for "faggot" (according to a Sicilian acquaintance of mine; it is more derisive than "homosexual", a definition suggested earlier in the thread), and i'm sure this is what Corleone meant in the noted quote.