Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 03:29 AM

Default 20/40 button hand

This is a hand I just played in a 5 handed 20/40 game on party. I wouldn't say I have any real reads. They seemed to be a little loose and aggressive but I hadn't seen any terrible plays. I would say they are better players then normal I suppose.

I am on the button with K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]. It's folded to me and I raise. The SB folds and the BB calls. the flop comes J [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 10 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 9 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. I flop the nuts. Checked to me, I bet, he raises, I reraise, and he caps. I auto put him on a flush draw. It's just the first thing that came to mind. He hadn't played with me before and this was like th 5th hand of the session so to him I could have been some donk over aggro blind stealer.

The turn is the 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. He bets, what is your action.

Results will be posted later.
Old 11-08-2005, 05:49 AM

Default Re: 20/40 button hand

Raise the turn, call if 3-bet. Call any river.

LAG's can get really laggy in HU pots. There's a good chance he plays QJ like this, 2 pair, or something like KT. Remember if his hand is made on the flop, he's betting the turn to prevent you from taking a free card to a possible flush draw.

Also, I don't like calling a [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] on the river but I think it's +EV.
Old 11-08-2005, 08:02 AM

I raised him as he bet into me. He 3 bet and I called. He bet the river and I called again. He had Q-8 and flopped the straight. The problem I have with the hand is I feel like I missed out on at least 3 more bets. On the Turn he had to put me on a big pair and I'm just dissapointed. I feel like I played it weak.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:01 PM

I play it same way. I don't like to see a heart on the turn but you have to raise as he could easily have 2, pair+straight draw combos. Once 3-bet call it down. He could easily have flush by this point and I dont want to put in any more bets.