Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 04:52 PM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob
Default Re: Stars (!) VIP program

Isn't this going to be called VIP program?
How many in here are VIP? (I don't thing grinding it at the 1/2 tables is going to do the trick)
This should be posted the NL and high limit forums.
Old 10-26-2005, 04:59 PM

It looks potentially interesting to me.

But I would think that a WSOP or WPT-PCA package would cost somewhere around 1-million-trillion-gazillion FPP's.

But if it comes close to approximating a decent rake-back plan then I would be more than happy to accept the payment in the form of a big tourney entry.

But I'm hesitant to start earning my FPP's now because it is also likely that I will look at it and won't think it's such a hot deal.

I played a few of those FPP tourneys ranging from 1k to 3k FPP's each mostly....and my FPP balance is almost down to zero now. So I'll be starting from scratch if I do this.

At least they are looking into offering more alternatives than just the FPP tourneys and the books and Stars gear.

I got the e-mail too btw. the main purpose was to thank me for playing in the online-blogger poker-championship. i registered, but forgot about it and didn't play a hand and got blinded away. but they thanked me for playing anyway.
Old 10-26-2005, 05:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i registered, but forgot about it and didn't play a hand and got blinded away. but they thanked me for playing anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe they thought you were just a really tight player...?
Old 10-27-2005, 02:17 AM

I mentioned this on my blog as well as the fact that I finished something like 800/1700.
Some guy commented that I finished higher than him....and he was actually there to play the thing.

this isn't unusual of course....you can get blinded-off in almost any tourney and stand a good chance to finish in the top-half. But I still think it's funny the number of players you can beat by not even showing up.
Old 10-27-2005, 03:20 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I mentioned this on my blog as well as the fact that I finished something like 800/1700.
Some guy commented that I finished higher than him....and he was actually there to play the thing.

I played in a sit and go last week ($215 buy-in) in which there was a guy who was sitting out for either the entire time or the latter half of it (I didn't pay great attention to the first half of the tourney since i'm multi-tabling). Well, he wound up 2nd behind me. He must've been surprised the next morning logging into his account and finding himself a few hundred dollars richer.
this isn't unusual of course....you can get blinded-off in almost any tourney and stand a good chance to finish in the top-half. But I still think it's funny the number of players you can beat by not even showing up.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 10-27-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
How many in here are VIP? (I don't thing grinding it at the 1/2 tables is going to do the trick)

[/ QUOTE ]

I play 4 tables of $1/$2 NL on stars....and would play more if need be...

I would only play there as my main base if there was the necessary incentive to....A VIP program that rewarded lots of play....By limiting the VIP club to the higher limit players, Stars would be alienating the core group of players that it has...

Its a known fact that the majority of Stars' players are micro-cash players/play money players and tourney players...
Old 10-27-2005, 03:39 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this about poker? No.
Is this about internet gambling? Yes.

Right forum.
Old 10-27-2005, 04:49 AM

if i look up the rest of your posts will i find anything of substance?
Old 10-27-2005, 05:28 AM

i think a player can be high volume, without being high stakes. someone multitabling 3-6 or 5-10, or playing 40-50 sitngos a day should receive some sort of vip status.
Old 10-27-2005, 05:40 AM

Location: Wonderful Copenhagen, home of The Feared Danish Mob

[ QUOTE ]
if i look up the rest of your posts will i find anything of substance?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you know both where and how to look, you can probably improve your game a lot.
As far as me posting "gold nuggets" I believe those days are kind of over.
And if you are a little clever (notice that the cut isn't very high, lucky you) you can certainly find content in most of what I post nowadays. You just have to know how to read them (I agree, not all can)