Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-29-2005, 05:35 AM

Default Bubble Push

Small tourny, 10 left, only FT gets paid. I have an extremely tight image, as I picked up a lot of hands and showed them in preparation for the bubble. Average stack is ~6k. I've just taken a huge hit and am down to 3.5k or so. Blinds 300/600. I get dealt A6s on the button and it's folded to me. There's a shorty who's been folding every hand with 2.4k left, and 2 players with stacks slightly bigger than mine. The blinds both have been very obliging, and I've shown them a lot of good hands. SB has about 6k; BB has like 12k.

Push? Is it correct to just play for 9th here until shorty or one of the others leaves?
Old 08-29-2005, 05:57 AM

Default Re: Bubble Push

This situation is too good to pass up I think.
Suited ace against two random hands, you could increase your stack by 25% everytime they fold (which will be a lot).
If the BB feels it his duty to call you with a worse hand you have a decent shot at doubling up and being a competitor again.
If one of them has a hand you don't want to see (not often), you still have a shot at doubling through on a lucky break.

Push.