Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-28-2005, 04:39 PM

Default Re: Racism

[ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Its not about physical attraction. He wouldnt marry a black girl if he thought she was the most beautful woman in the world.

[/ QUOTE ]

the above is racial prejudice -- and racist -- and there is no way around it. He is refusing to marry for exactly one reason, which is race. this is racist.

I am not making a moral judgement here just a semantic one.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can understand what you're saying. I did make note that the OP seems not to be included with what I was talking about, but the situation that came up...I thought was a bit misleading considering the generalization...

I see your point though.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is a stupid assumption in general. If someone finds black women unattractive because of their skin color, it isn't 'evil' or 'ignorant'. If you want to call it racism, then you're really diluting the term.

The example of a bald woman goes with this well. That is like saying that the guy who chooses to avoid the bald woman is just as 'the racist' guy who chooses the white lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very wrong. Being bald is unattractive because it is often the sign of an odler person or someone who is sick thus wouldn't make a good mate. Skin color on the other hand is not. If someone finds a certain skin color unattractive, it is "ignorant" and pretty much the definition of racism.
Old 09-28-2005, 06:51 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
This is a stupid assumption in general. If someone finds black women unattractive because of their skin color, it isn't 'evil' or 'ignorant'. If you want to call it racism, then you're really diluting the term.

The example of a bald woman goes with this well. That is like saying that the guy who chooses to avoid the bald woman is just as 'the racist' guy who chooses the white lady.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is very wrong. Being bald is unattractive because it is often the sign of an older person or someone who is sick thus wouldn't make a good mate. Skin color on the other hand is not. If someone finds a certain skin color unattractive, it is "ignorant" and pretty much the definition of racism.

[/ QUOTE ]

So if someone chooses to be bald on their own will (a woman)...What is your case there? You're changing the circumstances (creating age/sickness) to try and support your point. That is fallable. I don't think finding someone unattractive based on skin tones is racist. My girlfriend is pretty white (see: not tan) and if someone didn't find her attractive because she wasn't of a darker tone, I wouldn't call them racist but you would, interesting.

I saw the points made before. Your point, however, is invisible to me.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:16 PM

Sometimes they don't properly fill the grilled stuft burritos...quite frustrating indeed....
Old 09-28-2005, 03:17 PM

We've had this thread and I think the conclusion was that this is not racist.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:21 PM

So disqualifying someone as a future spouse before meeting them SOLELY based on race isnt racist? Im curious and open to hear thje argument, and if i agree with it i owe the guy an apology.

Anybody got a link to the old thread?
Old 09-28-2005, 03:24 PM

I would call it racist, but I think everyone is racist becasue you naturally prefer your own race.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So disqualifying someone as a future spouse before meeting them SOLELY based on race isnt racist? Im curious and open to hear thje argument, and if i agree with it i owe the guy an apology.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not saying I wouldn't marry a black chick, I'm just saying I'd prefer a white one. I think that's what he is saying. Now if you propositioned him and said "if you liked more qualities in the black girl than the white girl, which one would you choose?" and he chose the white chick... then that might be racist.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:30 PM

To calrify, he said there are NO circumstances in which he would marry a black girl. None.;
Old 09-28-2005, 03:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
To calrify, he said there are NO circumstances in which he would marry a black girl. None.;

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be that he's just very particular about what he finds attractive, and dark skin is a turn-off for him.

I find it odd that he would use the word "Never", though. People ususally don't talk in absolutes unless they have very strong convictions about a subject.