Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2005, 06:12 PM

Default Re: 150-300 PAYOFF

I was planning to checkraise the turn. 4 betting the flop and leading the turn is clearly better. And if called maybe check-raising the river.
Old 12-14-2005, 08:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was planning to checkraise the turn. 4 betting the flop and leading the turn is clearly better. And if called maybe check-raising the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is easy to tell from your flop line that you were planning a turn check-raise. My point was simply that her flop 3-bet in this particular situation very clearly means to me that she wants to check behind on the turn. In retrospect that is obvious to anyone, but you are definitely a good enough player that you should have known it during the hand (maybe you did know it subconsciously and just chose to ignore it). Because you knew or should have known she would check behind on the turn once she 3-bet the flop, the correct play very obviously becomes to 4-bet the flop and lead the turn. Even if there is a small chance she wasn't going to check the turn, by going for the flop call and turn checkraise you are going to miss 1.5 BBs a huge percentage of the time, and you are only going to gain .5 BB a small percentage of the time when the turn checkraise does work. So I think it is clear what should have been done.
Old 12-20-2005, 05:13 AM

How you could you c/r the turn? You were in the cutoff and only the BB called
Old 12-14-2005, 06:06 PM

I 3 bet preflop with this hand some of the time.

Once the flop comes I dont think you can ever lay off the gas pedal, 4 bet flop bet turn ...
Old 12-14-2005, 05:58 PM

havent read responses ...

fold preflop obv...

rest of hand is fine you are going to win this calldown more often that you think, these paired boards get checkraised by Ace hi a lot IMO...
Old 12-14-2005, 07:31 PM

Nomar u think the BB is betting the river with A high?
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 PM

i think the BB is betting that river with every hand other than Ace high, pairs as well as King high and worse hands...

so no haitus, i dont think the BB is betting A high, I dont think calling the river with K high would be the worst play either...
Old 12-14-2005, 09:52 PM

You described yourself as a tight blind. I think calling the 3 bet and donking the turn would by far draw more action from a weaker hand than 4 betting and leading out would.

When a tight blind c/r's, calls a 3 bet and donks, his hand isn't defined. When he 4 bets and leads there, he's much more likely to have a Q than a draw or PP. She wouldn't think that?
Old 12-14-2005, 10:05 PM

I think that CO played the hand well, on all streets.

The call on the river is clear with tough players.

I don't like the way JV played the hand. I would have 4 bet and led the turn. Then bet or checkraise the river if you think Mimi will bet a bust-out and depending on her calling hands (will she call with a busted nut flush draw).
Old 12-15-2005, 12:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I think that CO played the hand well, on all streets.

The call on the river is clear with tough players.

I don't like the way JV played the hand. I would have 4 bet and led the turn. Then bet or checkraise the river if you think Mimi will bet a bust-out and depending on her calling hands (will she call with a busted nut flush draw).

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you like the call on the river? What hand do you think the big blind checkraised the flop with and then bet the river? A busted flush draw seems like the only hand to me that would bet this river that you have beat. Ace high won't bet the river.