Two Plus Two Older Archives

Old 07-03-2004, 05:18 PM
Just The Facts Just The Facts is offline
Senior Member

Default Syntax = Segor = Too much even for RGP

At least a dozen similar threads can be seen at rec.gambling.poker

All messages from thread
Message 1 in thread
From: Lew Green (lewgreen@earthnospamlink.net)
Subject: Zerorake is probably a scam and Segor a sleazy Shill

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:41:46 PST

Why did I start this thread?... well... it seems to me this [censored] segor,
who is not nearly as stupid as his posts suggest, but is rather a smart,
greedy insider at zerorake... he is loving all the flames he getting because
it makes the boards full of HIS headlines... Headlines he chose about
zerorake... happy, promotional headlines! It ends up looking like this:

Zerorake is fantastic new site!
Zerorake fantastic new site! (critcism by rgp member)
Zerorake is fantastic new site! (response by shill)
Zerorake is fantastic new site! (insulting flame by rgp member)
Zerorake is fantastic new site! (response by shill trolling for
more insults)
Zerorake is fantastic new site! (more insults given)
etc. etc. etc.

I don't know if Zerorake is honest or not (but their conduct so far on RGP
is terribly negative) but if they are going to use these tactics I suggest
EVERYONE not respod on the shills posts with their happy headlines... ONLY
respond with a new negative one you start... like "Zerorake is probably a
scame" or "Segor can only get an errection if a prostitute deficates on his
tongue"

They want to get people clicking to the site... so probably the very best
thread responces don't even mention Zerorake's name. They don't deserve all
this advertizing they are getting from rgp.
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 2 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:01:43 PST

You are right! My cover--blown! I am toast! What will I do now?

On Jul 2 2004 11:41PM, Lew Green wrote:

> Why did I start this thread?... well... it seems to me this [censored] segor,
> who is not nearly as stupid as his posts suggest, but is rather a smart,
> greedy insider at zerorake... he is loving all the flames he getting because
> it makes the boards full of HIS headlines... Headlines he chose about
> zerorake... happy, promotional headlines! It ends up looking like this:
>
> Zerorake is fantastic new site!
> Zerorake fantastic new site! (critcism by rgp member)
> Zerorake is fantastic new site! (response by shill)
> Zerorake is fantastic new site! (insulting flame by rgp member)
> Zerorake is fantastic new site! (response by shill trolling for
> more insults)
> Zerorake is fantastic new site! (more insults given)
> etc. etc. etc.
>
> I don't know if Zerorake is honest or not (but their conduct so far on RGP
> is terribly negative) but if they are going to use these tactics I suggest
> EVERYONE not respod on the shills posts with their happy headlines... ONLY
> respond with a new negative one you start... like "Zerorake is probably a
> scame" or "Segor can only get an errection if a prostitute deficates on his
> tongue"
>
> They want to get people clicking to the site... so probably the very best
> thread responces don't even mention Zerorake's name. They don't deserve all
> this advertizing they are getting from rgp.

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 3 in thread
From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:05:21 PST

It's amusing how you make baseless accusations while never being able to
reply with anything substantial to any kind of criticism.

On Jul 3 2004 4:01AM, Segor wrote:

> You are right! My cover--blown! I am toast! What will I do now?

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 4 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:14:02 PST

How should I reply to "Segor is sleazzy shill!"?

Tell me... I keep saying I am not--nothing. I keep asking for one of you
morons/affiliates of PartyPoker to prove I have anything to do with
ZeroRake.com except play there and want others to come and create
action--STILL NOTHING. It is you, moron, who has it all figured out and
who "knows" that I am a shill, who has said nothing constructive and/or
substential. Not, me, I am simply saying: "There is a better way to play
today! There is A site that offers cheaper games!" You are pathetic! How's
the job hunt going? Still working on your resume? Go, get them tiger!

On Jul 3 2004 12:05AM, GambleAB wrote:

> It's amusing how you make baseless accusations while never being able to
> reply with anything substantial to any kind of criticism.
>
> On Jul 3 2004 4:01AM, Segor wrote:
>
> > You are right! My cover--blown! I am toast! What will I do now?

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 5 in thread
From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:17:42 PST

Thanks for proving my point.

On Jul 3 2004 4:13AM, Segor wrote:

> How should I reply to "Segor is sleazzy shill!"?
>
> Tell me... I keep saying I am not--nothing. I keep asking for one of you
> morons/affiliates of PartyPoker to prove I have anything to do with
> ZeroRake.com except play there and want others to come and create
> action--STILL NOTHING. It is you, moron, who has it all figured out and
> who "knows" that I am a shill, who has said nothing constructive and/or
> substential. Not, me, I am simply saying: "There is a better way to play
> today! There is A site that offers cheaper games!" You are pathetic! How's
> the job hunt going? Still working on your resume? Go, get them tiger!
>

> On Jul 3 2004 12:05AM, GambleAB wrote:
>
> > It's amusing how you make baseless accusations while never being able to
> > reply with anything substantial to any kind of criticism.
> >
> > On Jul 3 2004 4:01AM, Segor wrote:
> >
> > > You are right! My cover--blown! I am toast! What will I do now?

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 6 in thread
From: Lew Green (lewgreen@earthnospamlink.net)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:31:08 PST

"Segor" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:GcqFc.18826568$Id.3105012@news.easynews.com.. .
> You are right! My cover--blown! I am toast! What will I do now?

Well, there are 2 choices:

A. You are as smart as you appear -- and a shill for zerorake -- and are not
likely to get rich any time soon as even 500 players if by miracle you
manage to pull it off is going to put you guys on a tight cashflow and
beyond that you will get competition from sites with more credibility.
Interesting how you have anonymous email, never talk about any other sites
where you play or what your user name is there...

B. You are as dumb as you appear -- not a shill -- just a golly, gee gomer
poker newbie, wanting to share his experience so generously with all of us,
who is stupid enough not to realise that:

1. His neteller posts are assinine -- there's no screenshot of a real
account -- incredibly easy to type up and fabricate

2. We're not going to believe someone as stupid as you could actually go on
the site first day with no bankroll, find an affordable game at a dead site
with 12 players on line, make money, geta cashout back to Neteller in
lighting speed (for no reason -- why the hell would you cash your $60 back?
Your underfunded for even a 1/2 game at that... ) and then is stupid enough
to leave just $20 there thinking it's enough to play 2/4 with -- and then
miraculously appear here in 24 hours telling us how he's turned the $20 into
more profits! And just netellered them out of the site he LOVES so much!
Wooo-hooo!

3. The surest sign this place is dangerous is IF (by miracle) everything
you posted is true! In that case they are feeding you wins -- a very small
investment for them to make to get publicity and word of mouth. And if they
are salting the first players with positive experiences -- then they will
have no trouble doing the opposite later. In fact I haven't heard from
ANYONE who has lost there! Not one losing session! Not even $10! Wow!
Heard from a guy who made $156 heads up in 20 minutes! But not a word from
the guy who lost it railing about how the river was crooked! (which would
be normal here!)

4.No one is going to think this isn't a fishy way to open a site -- with no
endorsements -- no face in front -- and no promotion except spam on rgp,
beta testing period where they get a group of interested players playing for
fun money and prizes like Fulltilt is doing -- before launching real play
and expecting people to trust them with their cash.
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 7 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 22:15:59 PST

On Jul 3 2004 12:31AM, Lew Green wrote:

> 3. The surest sign this place is dangerous is IF (by miracle) everything
> you posted is true! In that case they are feeding you wins -- a very small
> investment for them to make to get publicity and word of mouth. And if they
> are salting the first players with positive experiences -- then they will
> have no trouble doing the opposite later.

hmmmm... you know what, this could be the case... but then again, I can't
really tell you for certain the sun will rise tomorrow... HOWEVER, I
didn't play 2/4 right away, I made a 100 before I set down. Then again,
you never played on a site without rake. I made a savings of $67 in
rake... consider that, too...

> In fact I haven't heard from
> ANYONE who has lost there! Not one losing session! Not even $10! Wow!
> Heard from a guy who made $156 heads up in 20 minutes! But not a word from
> the guy who lost it railing about how the river was crooked! (which would
> be normal here!)

Althou this is the case, have you heard MUCH from anyone who lost on any
other site. In general... I mean do you ever hear a loser say: "I lost
50,000" last year, or do they reply: "Oh, I broke even" or "I lost a
little"...

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 8 in thread
From: Lew Green (lewgreen@earthnospamlink.net)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-03 00:00:11 PST

> hmmmm... you know what, this could be the case... but then again, I can't
> really tell you for certain the sun will rise tomorrow... HOWEVER, I
> didn't play 2/4 right away, I made a 100 before I set down. Then again,
> you never played on a site without rake. I made a savings of $67 in
> rake... consider that, too...

How did you make $100? I downloaded the site 2 days ago... I checked it at
many different times... never more that 2 to 12 players! Never saw a table
below 2/4 going... they would have had to have a 50c/$1 table going for
hours for you to grind up to $100... unless you got very, very lucky on
first day, first table, first hour! And still -- I never saw a low limit
table seated!

> Althou this is the case, have you heard MUCH from anyone who lost on any
> other site. In general... I mean do you ever hear a loser say: "I lost
> 50,000" last year, or do they reply: "Oh, I broke even" or "I lost a
> little"...

Yes segor! We hear all the time! Bad beat stories! "This place is fixed!"
posts -- all the time. And a new site, especially a "rake free" one --
would be a prime target for an unlucky loser to come here and rag. Really,
this other guy (who also seems like a shill) who posted he made $156 heads
up in the only table he could find in no time at all -- his first time
playing there -- it would be not at all unusual for the guy who lost the
$156 to come here and rag on the site. But maybe he's just another lucky
new player -- or dump recipient!

Listen, if you are for real -- keep doing what your doing -- let them give
you cash -- and keep taking it OUT as fast as you make it -- because the
gravy train will come to an end.

And it's reckless to reccomend people risk their money here -- If they can
get 500 players they can be viable on a shoestring budget... If they get
1000 they could become solid. Personally I'd think about trying it after
1000 members -- and I'd want to see someone like a Lee Jones speaking up for
management.

That said -- I KNOW what the rake takes -- and there are card rooms that
rent chairs and don't take rake btw -- and yes, people at any true no rake
site will win a bit more... lose a bit less... and last longer... but weak
players will still bust out... strong players will still bust them out...
and variance will still occur to all types of players... snapping away much
of $100 they sit down with at at 2/4 table in a heartbeat on some unlucky
occasions!

> Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 9 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-03 00:14:57 PST

I was on there man... I made my money in 2/4 and just last few hours on
1/2. The games were quick, shorthanded. 2/4 around noon ro 2,3pm was where
I made some money. took a 100 to 200 and just now 200 to 250. cashed out
another 50... I had few bad beats, but let me tell you, more than often we
didnt go past the flop... very tight, very aggressive... GREAT GAMES! good
players...

> How did you make $100? I downloaded the site 2 days ago... I checked it at
> many different times... never more that 2 to 12 players! Never saw a table
> below 2/4 going... they would have had to have a 50c/$1 table going for
> hours for you to grind up to $100... unless you got very, very lucky on
> first day, first table, first hour! And still -- I never saw a low limit
> table seated!

What are you saying? "lets all sit back and wait!" guess what happens
then? nothing! no action at all... I thought we played this game because
we like to take things into our own hands... I am not going back to work!

> And it's reckless to reccomend people risk their money here -- If they can
> get 500 players they can be viable on a shoestring budget... If they get
> 1000 they could become solid. Personally I'd think about trying it after
> 1000 members -- and I'd want to see someone like a Lee Jones speaking up for
> management.

Where? who rents a chair online? tell me , I ll go there right now!

Old 07-03-2004, 05:26 PM
Just The Facts Just The Facts is offline
Senior Member

Default Re: Syntax = Segor = Too much even for RGP

From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)
Subject: My SECOND successful cashout on ZeroRake.com

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 19:30:27 PST

The site pays, they don't stall your money! They say 2 days, but that is
just to be on safe side. It took them 16 hrs. I got my second cashout of
$50 sent and received to my Neteller account. This site is on up and up.
For $5.99, and I want to use this oportunity to appologize for saying that
the first month is just $5. It's $5.99, well for this amount I am playing
rake free for next 28 days and I saved up $67 in rake this far!!! Show me
a site that GIVES YOU $61 for playing on it for 3 days!!!

Here is the transaction clip (funny: note the transaction numbers, my
first was numbered #2 and my second #8) :

PAYOUTS SUMMARY
Tran # Request Date Last Update Method Status Amount Fees Net
Cancel
2 2004-07-01 02:51:13.387 2004-07-01 18:06:40.0 NETeller ($60.00)
SENT WITHDRAWAL ($60.00) ($1.20) ($58.80)
8 2004-07-02 02:32:40.953 2004-07-02 21:56:49.0 NETeller ($50.97)
SENT WITHDRAWAL ($50.97) ($1.01) ($49.96)

From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)
Subject: Re: My SECOND successful cashout on ZeroRake.com

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 19:35:17 PST

Not to burst your delusional bubble, but 2 days after they open, and $100,
are not good barometers to measure the validity of a site.
I also find it funny that you have replied to every other post from the
past few days regarding the site, except for mine this afternoon about how
even if they do PHENOMINALLY WELL, they will barely pull in enough money
per month to pay their bills, much less have any promotional material.

From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 19:53:14 PST

You are right, but, for me these are the stakes I play in and $100 in
about 8 hrs, is a decent chunk of money. I play low stakes and any savings
in rake I can make, means a GREAT DEAL to me, $67 is not to be thrown out
of the window!!!

I am sorry if I didn't reply to your post, I ment no disrespect, but I
just don't know the answer to your question--contrary to the popular
belief, I am not a shill, I don't know what kind of money their marketing
team has to work with... I am just saying: "There is an alternative to
paying high rake now and this is the site!".

From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:01:12 PST

You clearly are not understanding what I have to say.
I'm saying that someone cashing out $100 2 days after the site opens is no
big deal. What happens when someone wants to cash out $10,000? What will
happen in 18 months when someone wants to cash out?
If you look at the numbers objectively, you will see that there is no way
a rake free site can profit enough to last. And if the site doesn't last,
is running off with your money that much of a stretch? I don't know how
much it costs to run a site, pay for bandwidth and space and whatnot, pay
employees, rent at least one physical office someplace, and all the other
monthly expenses an internet casino must face, but that figure has got to
be in the hundreds of thousands. That means that the site needs tens of
thousands of people EVERY MONTH to pay $30 to even stay afloat. Where is
the money for marketing, then?
Think about it for 5 minutes before you post next time, please and see if
you can see what the rest of us are saying. Thanks.

From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:20:11 PST

I understood you the first time, mate, but do you understand me? you take
5 before you answer this: Who can say what will happen to Party in 18
months? Can you? Who keeps 10K on line anyway? I never do more than 300 to
500. Those are my stakes, that is my limit. So, someone like me is fine! I
can build my roll to few hudred easily there and stay at those
limits--been doing it for 3 years now. My posts say--so far so good. No
more no less.

On Jul 2 2004 11:01PM, GambleAB wrote:

> You clearly are not understanding what I have to say.
> I'm saying that someone cashing out $100 2 days after the site opens is no
> big deal. What happens when someone wants to cash out $10,000? What will
> happen in 18 months when someone wants to cash out?
> If you look at the numbers objectively, you will see that there is no way
> a rake free site can profit enough to last. And if the site doesn't last,
> is running off with your money that much of a stretch? I don't know how
> much it costs to run a site, pay for bandwidth and space and whatnot, pay
> employees, rent at least one physical office someplace, and all the other
> monthly expenses an internet casino must face, but that figure has got to
> be in the hundreds of thousands. That means that the site needs tens of
> thousands of people EVERY MONTH to pay $30 to even stay afloat. Where is
> the money for marketing, then?
> Think about it for 5 minutes before you post next time, please and see if
> you can see what the rest of us are saying. Thanks.
> On Jul 3 2004 2:53AM, Segor wrote:
>
> > You are right, but, for me these are the stakes I play in and $100 in
> > about 8 hrs, is a decent chunk of money. I play low stakes and any savings
> > in rake I can make, means a GREAT DEAL to me, $67 is not to be thrown out
> > of the window!!!
> >
> > I am sorry if I didn't reply to your post, I ment no disrespect, but I
> > just don't know the answer to your question--contrary to the popular
> > belief, I am not a shill, I don't know what kind of money their marketing
> > team has to work with... I am just saying: "There is an alternative to
> > paying high rake now and this is the site!".
> >

> > On Jul 2 2004 10:34PM, GambleAB wrote:
> >
> > > Not to burst your delusional bubble, but 2 days after they open, and $100,
> > > are not good barometers to measure the validity of a site.
> > > I also find it funny that you have replied to every other post from the
> > > past few days regarding the site, except for mine this afternoon about how
> > > even if they do PHENOMINALLY WELL, they will barely pull in enough money

Read the rest of this message... (34 more lines)

From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:36:10 PST

No offense, but who cares how much you keep on an account? Noone is
saying that Mr. Random Internet Guy Whose Only Posts On RGP Are For
ZeroRake is going to get [censored] when the site goes belly-up, but that all
of the players that are taken with your one sided views on the site will
get [censored]. If you have 1000 players who each have an average of $200 on
their accounts, thats $200,000 that people are being screwed out of if the
site shuts down. Not everyone pulls out $50 at a time every other day,
some people grow their bankroll online so that they can make more money.
The facts have it: there is no way a site like this can sustain over a
period of time. Majors like Party and Stars will continue to thrive
because they are raking in hundreds of thousands a day. If you are fine
with playing on a site that will eventually fold up, thats more than
alright, but please stop posting such one sided posts about how great this
place is because everyone is really sick of it, and those of us who have
thought it out understand the reprocussions of playing on such a site and
no amount of successful $50 cash outs will sway us.

From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:49:53 PST

You make one point--I don't know how reliable the managment or this site
is--I agree. But then again you make 2 mistakes. 1) you are speaking as if
you know the site will fold and it is just a matter of time. This is
bullshit. You don't know this for certain, do you? 2) Don't tell me what
to post or don't. This is just stupid. I don't tell you to shut up, do I?

Here is the thing: you make too much of an effort to shut me up. Why is
this? You care about other players and what they do with their money? I
don't think so! Here is what I think--you are a PartyPoker or some other
site's affiliate and a site like ZeroRake.com threatens your bottom line.
Am I too far off? I don't think so... you, nor I, don't give a [censored] about
what other players do, we follow the action. I am trying to create the
action for ZeroRake (this is without doubt), but because if the site gets
action, I will be laughing all the way, because of all the money I am
going to save there playing cards. Unlike you, who makes money affiliating
players and telling them Party (or other sites who gives you a deal to
bring in the new players) is the BOMB!

Am I making any sense?

From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:58:17 PST

Aaaand you have officially crossed over into idiot paranoia land.
Do some research before you make remarks. I have never posted as an
affiliate for any site. I shouldn't have to post this because anyone can
do a quick search and confirm it for themselves.
What you fail to realize is that this is a DISCUSSION BOARD. Look at all
the posts that aren't your drivel. People are discussing hands and how to
play better. I enjoy showing up mindless cunts like yourself. I point
out your weak trains of thought and point you out for the ignorant trolls
that you are.
I don't mind what other people do, I just enjoy making you look like an
ass.

From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:04:15 PST

No doubt in your mind, you do! Consider the contribution you did to this
board in your last post! <- Clapping

On Jul 2 2004 11:58PM, GambleAB wrote:

> play better. I enjoy showing up mindless cunts like yourself. I point
> out your weak trains of thought and point you out for the ignorant trolls
> that you are.
> I don't mind what other people do, I just enjoy making you look like an
> ass.

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 10 in thread
From: Asha34 (asha34@aol.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:28:16 PST

I am sure that it is possible to run a site that has no rake, getting its
revenue from membership fees. The only question is what those membership fees
need to be and how many members they need to have to make a profit.
It's an intriguing concept at least. Think about it. If people join with
all of their money paid up front then they have a greater incentive to play
more hands -- even if they're losers. If you are a good player and they are a
bad player then they will be losing their money to you -- not to you and to the
house in the form of a rake. Unlike a raked site, a skilled player has an
incentive to play more rather than fewer hands. On a raked site or in a raked
casino, whent he situation is 50/50 it makes sense to play tighter because of
the rake. In an unraked site, like a place that takes time, this isn't the
case.
What is the magic number of players and monthly fee? I have no idea.
Surely, if they want the kind of profits that are generated at the bigger rooms
then they'll need either a huge number of players or a mammoth monthly fee --
which would in turn drive players away.
Intriguing nevertheless.
By the way. I received an unsolicited email asking me if I wanted to try
the site. I don't use anything but PayPal and so can't usually get on a site
anymore. I gladly said yes. They opened an account for me for $50. I have no
idea how I'll get the money out, assuming I actually end up with any money.
But it's an interesting marketing technique.
So far I have had a very hard time finding any games that have more than
three players in them. And even at the very low limits that I found and could
afford with a $50 bankroll, I can honestly say that the other players were
probably at least as good as I am at limit hold em.
There is a rake option by the way. You can just choose to join instead.
Right now, at $5.95 it seemed like a better deal than a 5% rake ($5.00 minimum
in the pot for any rake to take place I think). But who knows if I'll actually
find enough games when I want to play to make this a worthwhile deal. Hard to
imagine how it wouldn't be though. Anyway, $50 free money to play with. Isn't
life grand?

Ashley Adams
author of Winning 7-Card Stud
Post a follow-up to this message

From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:46:45 PST

The comps of being a well known author.
The numbers I ran were the following, please note that I do not know how
much it costs to run an internet cardroom, but the software, hardware,
internet space, bandwidth, physical office space(s), staff, ect has got to
a fairly large number:

If the site gets 10,000 members (which is a huge number), paying $30/month
(their rate starting next month), than that is $300,000 per month that
they are pulling in. Stars/Party make that in less than 12 hours (100,000
hands per hour, averaging $.50 in rake per hand, is $50,000 an hour.
Assuming the hands per hour number is high and the rake per hand is low,
thats still an easy $300,000 in 12 hours).

Let's take it farther. Let's say that $300,000 per month is enough to pay
all of the bills, and that the site can generate 10,000 players. Where is
the money for marketing going to come from? This is for promotions to
drive players in, affiliates to bring players in, and specials to keep
existing players active. Without these, the site will lose more players
than it takes in, meaning that even if they reach that many players, it
will be hard to sustain.

On Jul 3 2004 3:27AM, Asha34 wrote:

> I am sure that it is possible to run a site that has no rake, getting its
> revenue from membership fees. The only question is what those membership fees
> need to be and how many members they need to have to make a profit.
> It's an intriguing concept at least. Think about it. If people join with
> all of their money paid up front then they have a greater incentive to play
> more hands -- even if they're losers. If you are a good player and they are a
> bad player then they will be losing their money to you -- not to you and to the
> house in the form of a rake. Unlike a raked site, a skilled player has an
> incentive to play more rather than fewer hands. On a raked site or in a raked
> casino, whent he situation is 50/50 it makes sense to play tighter because of
> the rake. In an unraked site, like a place that takes time, this isn't the
> case.
> What is the magic number of players and monthly fee? I have no idea.
> Surely, if they want the kind of profits that are generated at the bigger rooms
> then they'll need either a huge number of players or a mammoth monthly fee --
> which would in turn drive players away.
> Intriguing nevertheless.
> By the way. I received an unsolicited email asking me if I wanted to try
> the site. I don't use anything but PayPal and so can't usually get on a site
> anymore. I gladly said yes. They opened an account for me for $50. I have no

Read the rest of this message... (25 more lines)

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 12 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 21:00:00 PST

I knew you were an affiliate of PartyPoker or such... Well, tell your
buddies: the times are a changing!!! No more 50 Mil per year!!! No more
raping players regardless of wether they win that day or not! And YOU, you
will just have to get a job, cuz you can't play cards to save your life!
Rake or not. Ain't this situation just a big BITCH! But don't worry, I
heard McD is hiring! Go get them, tiger!

On Jul 2 2004 11:46PM, GambleAB wrote:

> The comps of being a well known author.
> The numbers I ran were the following, please note that I do not know how
> much it costs to run an internet cardroom, but the software, hardware,
> internet space, bandwidth, physical office space(s), staff, ect has got to
> a fairly large number:
>
> If the site gets 10,000 members (which is a huge number), paying $30/month
> (their rate starting next month), than that is $300,000 per month that
> they are pulling in. Stars/Party make that in less than 12 hours (100,000
> hands per hour, averaging $.50 in rake per hand, is $50,000 an hour.
> Assuming the hands per hour number is high and the rake per hand is low,
> thats still an easy $300,000 in 12 hours).
>
> Let's take it farther. Let's say that $300,000 per month is enough to pay
> all of the bills, and that the site can generate 10,000 players. Where is
> the money for marketing going to come from? This is for promotions to
> drive players in, affiliates to bring players in, and specials to keep
> existing players active. Without these, the site will lose more players
> than it takes in, meaning that even if they reach that many players, it
> will be hard to sustain.
>
> On Jul 3 2004 3:27AM, Asha34 wrote:
>
> > I am sure that it is possible to run a site that has no rake, getting its
> > revenue from membership fees. The only question is what those membership fees
> > need to be and how many members they need to have to make a profit.
> > It's an intriguing concept at least. Think about it. If people join with
> > all of their money paid up front then they have a greater incentive to play
> > more hands -- even if they're losers. If you are a good player and they are a
> > bad player then they will be losing their money to you -- not to you and to the
> > house in the form of a rake. Unlike a raked site, a skilled player has an
> > incentive to play more rather than fewer hands. On a raked site or in a raked
> > casino, whent he situation is 50/50 it makes sense to play tighter because
Read the rest of this message... (43 more lines)

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 13 in thread
From: scotchboy (anonymous@chadbourn.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 23:18:45 PST

On Jul 2 2004 10:01PM, GambleAB wrote:

> > If you look at the numbers objectively, you will see that there is no way
> a rake free site can profit enough to last.

And where are these numbers to look at?

> And if the site doesn't last,
> is running off with your money that much of a stretch? I don't know how
> much it costs to run a site,

Ah.... I see. You don't know....

> pay for bandwidth and space and whatnot, pay
> employees, rent at least one physical office someplace, and all the other
> monthly expenses an internet casino must face, but that figure has got to
> be in the hundreds of thousands.

Hundreds of thousands per month? What planet are you on?

> That means that the site needs tens of
> thousands of people EVERY MONTH to pay $30 to even stay afloat. Where is
> the money for marketing, then?
> Think about it for 5 minutes before you post next time, please and see if
> you can see what the rest of us are saying. Thanks.

Whatever. You are pulling numbers out of your ass.

More importantly, did it ever occur to you that the parent company doesn't
mind losing money in the short term if they can attract those tens of
thousands of customers?

> On Jul 3 2004 2:53AM, Segor wrote:
>
> > You are right, but, for me these are the stakes I play in and $100 in
> > about 8 hrs, is a decent chunk of money. I play low stakes and any savings
> > in rake I can make, means a GREAT DEAL to me, $67 is not to be thrown out
> > of the window!!!
> >
> > I am sorry if I didn't reply to your post, I ment no disrespect, but I
> > just don't know the answer to your question--contrary to the popular
> > belief, I am not a shill, I don't know what kind of money their marketing
> > team has to work with... I am just saying: "There is an alternative to
> > paying high rake now and this is the site!".
> >

> > On Jul 2 2004 10:34PM, GambleAB wrote:

Read the rest of this message... (41 more lines)

Post a follow-up to this message

Message 14 in thread
From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 23:38:15 PST

Since you know all the numbers of running a high-end internet card room,
please enlighten me. I've given my guesstimates and never claimed they
were hard fact, so please give me something to discuss other than mindless
[censored] denials and pitiful name calling.

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 15 in thread
From: Grant Peacock (grantpeacock@yahoo.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-03 00:09:37 PST

"GambleAB" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote:
(snips)
> I don't know how
> much it costs to run a site, pay for bandwidth and space and whatnot, pay
> employees, rent at least one physical office someplace, and all the other
> monthly expenses an internet casino must face, but that figure has got to
> be in the hundreds of thousands. That means that the site needs tens of
> thousands of people EVERY MONTH to pay $30 to even stay afloat. Where is
> the money for marketing, then?

OKBridge.com pays all those expenses you just listed, and makes money,
and they only charge $99 a year. So, I would think that if zerorake
can get $360 a year from people they might make money. Obviously, the
$5.99 membership and the refunding of deposit fees are only to get
people in the door.

Personally, I wonder why somebody doesn't start a site called
onedollarrake.com, which would offer a nice discount compared to the
$3 rake sites.
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 16 in thread
From: GambleAB (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-03 00:22:24 PST

I would imagine that the costs to run an internet poker room are higher
than those to run an internet bridge room. Not to mention the fact that
with a poker room, you need to purchase space overseas to circumvent the
illegality of it.

On Jul 3 2004 7:09AM, Grant Peacock wrote:

> "GambleAB" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote:
> (snips)
> > I don't know how
> > much it costs to run a site, pay for bandwidth and space and whatnot, pay
> > employees, rent at least one physical office someplace, and all the other
> > monthly expenses an internet casino must face, but that figure has got to
> > be in the hundreds of thousands. That means that the site needs tens of
> > thousands of people EVERY MONTH to pay $30 to even stay afloat. Where is
> > the money for marketing, then?
>
> OKBridge.com pays all those expenses you just listed, and makes money,
> and they only charge $99 a year. So, I would think that if zerorake
> can get $360 a year from people they might make money. Obviously, the
> $5.99 membership and the refunding of deposit fees are only to get
> people in the door.
>
> Personally, I wonder why somebody doesn't start a site called
> onedollarrake.com, which would offer a nice discount compared to the
> $3 rake sites.

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 17 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-03 00:34:32 PST

That would only make it cheaper. Tax shelter laws are like 5% income, no?
Internet is everywhere now...

On Jul 3 2004 3:21AM, GambleAB wrote:

> I would imagine that the costs to run an internet poker room are higher
> than those to run an internet bridge room. Not to mention the fact that
> with a poker room, you need to purchase space overseas to circumvent the
> illegality of it.
>
> On Jul 3 2004 7:09AM, Grant Peacock wrote:
>
> > "GambleAB" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > (snips)
> > > I don't know how
> > > much it costs to run a site, pay for bandwidth and space and whatnot, pay
> > > employees, rent at least one physical office someplace, and all the other
> > > monthly expenses an internet casino must face, but that figure has got to
> > > be in the hundreds of thousands. That means that the site needs tens of
> > > thousands of people EVERY MONTH to pay $30 to even stay afloat. Where is
> > > the money for marketing, then?
> >
> > OKBridge.com pays all those expenses you just listed, and makes money,
> > and they only charge $99 a year. So, I would think that if zerorake
> > can get $360 a year from people they might make money. Obviously, the
> > $5.99 membership and the refunding of deposit fees are only to get
> > people in the door.
> >
> > Personally, I wonder why somebody doesn't start a site called
> > onedollarrake.com, which would offer a nice discount compared to the
> > $3 rake sites.

Posted using RecPoker.com - http://www.recpoker.com
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 18 in thread
From: Asha34 (asha34@aol.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-03 04:29:21 PST

In between all of the hysteria, there is are some interesting things to observe
in this thread.

Some people really seem to get off on being experts on matters of opinion.
Hell, I know I do.
I learned when I was about 12 or 13 that if you sound really certain, many
people will assume you are correct -- even if you are making stuff up.
Unfortunately, though that works with maybe 90% of the people -- who will defer
to your opinion -- it sets off at least 5% of the population who will be pissed
off that you're such an opinionated loudmouth. They take your "certainty"
personally and will get in your face to contest it.
But they're not the real problem. The real problem for the opinion experts
are the 5% or so who know you are full of beans but who politely don't say
anything -- and who carry with them a permanent impression of you as a bs
artist. You don't know who they are but they know who you are.

Ashley Adams
author of Winning 7-Card Stud
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 19 in thread
From: Jon Ingellis (ingellis@castcom.net)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:07:36 PST

"Segor" <anonymous@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:6ToFc.18815411$Id.3102867@news.easynews.com.. .
> The site pays, they don't stall your money! They say 2 days, but that is
> just to be on safe side. It took them 16 hrs. I got my second cashout of
> $50 sent and received to my Neteller account. This site is on up and up.
> For $5.99, and I want to use this oportunity to appologize for saying that
> the first month is just $5. It's $5.99, well for this amount I am playing
> rake free for next 28 days and I saved up $67 in rake this far!!! Show me
> a site that GIVES YOU $61 for playing on it for 3 days!!!

Oh my god! Cashouts are honored! I do not believe it!!

Why you posting anonymously? You wouldn't be a shill now, would you?
Post a follow-up to this message

Message 20 in thread
From: Segor (anonymous@hotmail.com)

View this article only
Newsgroups: rec.gambling.poker
Date: 2004-07-02 20:22:58 PST

It's a default option to post that way... Why do you need to know my
e-mail? Wanna buy me a dinner and a movie? Take me dancing?

Old 07-03-2004, 05:32 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline
Senior Member

Location: Tempe, AZ

As far as I have seen syntax has said he hasnt played on zerorake I dunno why you think he is segor.

I was playing Segor on zeronet earlier and he had previously been using a different name on there (enigmasec) and asked zerorake to cahnge it because he was tired of people on RGP accusing him of being a shill, and he wanted to show them he actually played there.

He was also an ass at the table. Table coaching and bitching about getting sucked out on. Really stupid behavior if you're trying to attract fish to a site.....berate them into leaving.
Old 07-03-2004, 05:55 PM
Syntax Syntax is offline
Junior Member

What's your point man? Do you think I'm "Segor" is that what you are getting at? Why don't you just say it instead of posting a million words that are completely inconsistent with everything I've said here?

What does it matter if a rakefree site employed shills anyway? The concept of no rake should be making every poker player's pants here start to feel a little snug in the croth area.

No I am not a shill. I make an occasional post on RGP through recpoker.com under the same name Syntax. You are more then welcome to search Google groups for any of those posts.

If somehow, it would improve the quality of your life to go on believing that I am part of some ill concieved marketing plan involving spamming various message boards under multiple aliases then for you I am.

Thank you,
SyntaxGCA
Old 07-03-2004, 06:07 PM
Syntax Syntax is offline
Junior Member

And no if it wasn't clear enough the first few times I said it, I've never played at zerorake. Im playing at UB right now. I use a different name. Maybe you or one of the other forum super detectives can figure it out. It shouldnt be that hard.
Old 07-03-2004, 06:48 PM
Just The Facts Just The Facts is offline
Senior Member

Default Alobar = Trailerpark

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I have seen syntax has said he hasnt played on zerorake I dunno why you think he is segor.

I was playing Segor on zeronet earlier and he had previously been using a different name on there (enigmasec) and asked zerorake to cahnge it because he was tired of people on RGP accusing him of being a shill, and he wanted to show them he actually played there.

He was also an ass at the table. Table coaching and bitching about getting sucked out on. Really stupid behavior if you're trying to attract fish to a site.....berate them into leaving.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you trailerpark at recpoker, or do you just write for him?

Subject: Re: Why must you guys pull Segor apart?
From: trailerpark (anonymous@hotmail.com) Sent: Jul 3 2004 4:09PM

i dont think he's a shill actually. i was just watching on zero rake and
he was trash talking everyone at the table. kind of humorous. dont think a
shill would be so emotionally attached to his money. and negative toward
customers.

Old 07-03-2004, 07:03 PM
Alobar Alobar is offline
Senior Member

Location: Tempe, AZ
Default Re: Alobar = Trailerpark

From: trailerpark (anonymous@hotmail.com) Sent: Jul 3 2004 4:09PM

i dont think he's a shill actually. i was just watching on zero rake and
he was trash talking everyone at the table. kind of humorous. dont think a
shill would be so emotionally attached to his money. and negative toward
customers.

On Jul 3 2004 12:50PM, JesusSmurf wrote:

> Maybe the guy is a shill and maybe he is not. Maybe the guy just wants to
> drum up business because he enjoys not paying rake, and without the
> customer base he realizes he will have to play on a raked site. The guy
> may or may not have had a good experience on the site, but phuck, can you
> give the guy a break. RGP has a great knack of making people feel stupid,
> yet if one of yous was in Segors face you wouldnt say a phucking thing.
> Just like Dutch Boyd, you guys chew him to pieces on this forum, but I bet
> not one of yous has said something to his face. If you were confronted by
> him you would be polite and courteous and eager to hear what he has to
> say, but online you guys are 6'10" 300lbs. The bottom line is that this
> site is about poker, not about seeing who can make other people laugh at
> the expense of others.
> I.E. FatalError comment earlier.
>
> Now that said, does anyone on this site know what "GCA" stands for. I see
> it in the posts yet have no clue what it stands for.

[/ QUOTE ]

wow, how amazing that two people watching the same events could have similiar opinions about what they saw.....what are the odds?!?!?! maybe I should post that in the probability forum, they could come up with a conclusive answer.

I've never posted (or even read RPG).....but even if I was trailor park...so what???
Old 07-03-2004, 08:42 PM
MicroBob MicroBob is offline
Senior Member

Location: memphis

i haven't followed all of the rakefree threads....and i certainly didn't follow all of this one either. not nearly enough time to read through all this stuff (i'm a slow reader i guess).

i think the only thing that has been proven in this thread is that i still don't want any part of RGP.
Old 07-03-2004, 09:48 PM
ArchAngel71857 ArchAngel71857 is offline
Senior Member

Location: Penthouse Suite, Bellagio

[ QUOTE ]
It shouldnt be that hard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard like your dick back in '78 when you were caught phuckin your cousin?

-AA
Old 07-04-2004, 01:17 AM
Hiding Hiding is offline
Member

[ QUOTE ]
Hard like your dick back in '78 when you were caught phuckin your cousin?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey! I'm from kentucky and resemble that remark.......

someone tell uncle dad i miss him