Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2004, 04:32 PM

Default Zerorake.com- Revolutionary for online poker players

I posted a reply to this affect in a thread, but thought I'd post it here also.

How could any serious online player have anything negative to say about a new site that offers players an opportunity to save hundreds of millions per year in rakes? This is a revolutionary shift in tide for online players.

We have the chance to keep hundreds of millions in our pockets that was being drained by rake each year. This is a huge opportunity to change our fortunes. If it fails, we may never see another chance in the future. The people who risked the startup capital to get this new venture off the ground are of course taking a chance. I add, they are taking the chance without much of a return when considering how much a successful raked site could make. They are offering us an opportunity like we've never seen before.

If we let it fail, we are the losers. If we let if fail, we don't understand what rake really does to our results. If we let it fail, we will always be the placid sheep that raked sites want us to be. While they make billions off our play in the decades to come, we will always wonder why we didn't take our opportunity when we had it.

I've decided to join and support zerorake.com, starting today. If I have to sit at a table alone for ten hours, so be it. But I will be there all the way weather it works or not. I could never live with myself if I didn't at least do my part.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:33 PM

Default Re: Zerorake.com- Revolutionary for online poker players

You sound like the shill, but no matter.

It is the fish that make a poker site, not the rake. If they can attract fish and provide good support then I would consider them. We shall see.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:37 PM

Zerorake is still a business, and they stand to make millions themselves. They started, but they need to finish their part and get the word out to as to everyone.

They need commercials. Big tourneys. Maybe a pro sponsor. They need make substaintal effort to bring in new players.
Old 07-02-2004, 04:41 PM

Also consider this. Even if there were only ten players at your limit, if you were better then 8-9 of them, you stand to make comparable money in that game then with a good one at Party.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:18 PM

Well, I just joined up. There was one game going with 3 players at .50/1.00 table. Two of them left after 10 minutes. One stayed another 10 minutes. In that 20 minutes I made 17.00. Raked saved 1.25.

So far I'd say I like the place. But I can't play alone. Now I'm alone, but I will sit here regardless.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:22 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I've decided to join and support zerorake.com, starting today. If I have to sit at a table alone for ten hours, so be it. But I will be there all the way weather it works or not. I could never live with myself if I didn't at least do my part.

[/ QUOTE ]

If there was any question whether you are shill for this site, I think it has been eliminated with this post.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:26 PM

Maybe they could offer a bonus the first time you download the software and deposit into your account.

Then maybe they could offer people, after they bust out, a bonus if they reload their account.

No, wait a minute. That would be a really stupid way to attract new players and fish.
[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-02-2004, 05:31 PM

I am not a 'shill' for the site! I just joined up half an hour ago. I want to play with no rake. But I'll probably turn into an 'unofficial' shill out of my hopes for it to succeed. I have no problem with that I guess.

So call me a shill. I'm going to support it all the way, weather it suceeds or not.

A couple aggressive players sat down. I got to concentrate now.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It is the fish that make a poker site, not the rake. If they can attract fish and provide good support then I would consider them. We shall see.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If they get sufficient traffic, handle money reliably, and have players of skill levels similar to those at the other sites I play at, this place will obviously be a great deal. However, I'd rather pay a rake and play against people I'm confident that I can beat than pay no rake and face only fellow 2+2ers. My biggest concern here is that it's mostly the savvy players who will understand about the cost of rake and gravitate to this. That could lead to many sharks and few fish.
Old 07-02-2004, 05:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. If they get sufficient traffic, handle money reliably, and have players of skill levels similar to those at the other sites I play at, this place will obviously be a great deal. However, I'd rather pay a rake and play against people I'm confident that I can beat than pay no rake and face only fellow 2+2ers. My biggest concern here is that it's mostly the savvy players who will understand about the cost of rake and gravitate to this. That could lead to many sharks and few fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

If you worry about what it isn't, you are not looking at the long term. A new site that offers such a revolutionary idea needs support by those that realize the long term potential. We are talking the potential to save 100's of millions in rakes. This is a gigantic day for online players. My view is, it deserves immediate support by all of us who have been paying thousands and thousands in rakes to other sites. If we don't support it, the raked sites will never get the hint that we care about rakes.