Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2004, 06:45 PM

Default Problems w/ aztec riches poker

EVER THINK OF OPENING AN ACCOUNT WITH AZTEC RICHES POKER?

DON'T!!!

I recently played out a bonus on aztecrichespoker.com. It was simple at first. Name, address, etc, etc, was all that was needed to open an account and begin play. I made my depsoit through neteller and all was well. Then, after requesting a cashout that I was told would only take a day or two, no funds were transfered. After several days and several e-mails, I recieved an e-mail that stats that I needed to send them a copy of a credit card and ID (driver's lisence). They said that nothing will be done until this happens, and they wnet on to say, over live chat, that this is to protect against fraud.

A problem with this was instantly realized by your's truely. In theory, a player can make a fraudulant deposit and lose all of their money on the site including "X" amount of money in rake and the site has no problem with this. It is not until after you wish to remove funds from aztec riches poker that they care at all. Furthermore, how can it be fraud when the funds are going straight back to the same account they came from? "Oh, wow. Look honey. Remember that credit card we had stolen? Some used it to play on-line poker and made us $80.00. Damn thiefs." Being someone who used to work in a company as one of their many fraud investigators, I can whole-heartedly say that in this case there is absolutely no reason to flag the transaction and request confirmation. The agent with aztec riches that I last spoke with, via live chat, directed me to where it DOES state in the policy that confirmation may be requested at their discretion. This discretion is obviously not being used as it should be.

Not satisfied with any of the help I was getting, I asked repeatedly for a telephone number and was given the same or a similar form letter response every time. Needless to say, I recieved no phone number. In addition, they are no longer repling to my e-mails. I have shown infinate patience with them and have been courteous throughout the situation.

I will be sending the requested credit card information and any other information on the ID that is not required BLACKED OUT. What was once said to be a day or two cashout has become a three week ordeal.

I suggest if you haven't yet made the mistake of joining aztec ritches, where the customer service is absurd and the policy is just as bad; don't. If you have already made the mistake; be prepared to follow though with this policy and my empathy goes out to you. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

f.y.i: this has also been posted in the general forum
Old 06-21-2004, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Problems w/ aztec riches poker

It's done more to curb bonus abusers than for your own protection. I know it's a pain, but it happens at some sites. Seems like several of the Prima sites make you do this.

Not much you can do but comply. No big deal if you have a scanner or a fax machine.

We all hate it, you are not alone.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:23 PM

1) Yes, the policies you describe are not player-friendly. If they are intended to protect players, I believe that plays a role distantly second to their own interests: encouraging players to reverse cashouts and potentially keeping fraudulent deposits.

2) Did you sign up for this site as part of PSO's free chip promotion? I assume that you did, as there is very little reason to sign up with the site otherwise. If you did, then the problems you describe are outlined pretty clearly in a number of threads on the forum there. Some of them include posts by myself and others from 2+2, complaining about exactly the same things you are- I'm certainly no fan of Aztec's customer support. But if you read these accounts from the numerous other players, you would know exactly what to expect. After reading through some of the horror stories, I sent my info in immediately following my cashout request, as well as an e-mail indicating my cashout preference. They still screwed it up, mind you- but I knew I had done everything from my end to make the process smooth.

In short: I agree with you completely- Aztec Riches Customer Service= Bad. But the player can attempt to allow them fewer chances to be so bad if they do their homework.

If by chance you did signup with AR outside of PSO, then ignore the majority of what's above, and excuse my assumption.

- Redmen62
Old 06-21-2004, 08:32 PM

I agree redmen. If you are going to sign up on these fringe sites, you've got to do some research and be prepared to show ID upon withdrawal.
Old 06-21-2004, 08:39 PM

Yeah, I'm sorry to say I've made the same mistake you have. They didn't even tell me I needed to send ID until I finally e-mailed them asking where the hell my money was. They seemed content to just let it sit in limbo until I noticed it wasn't in my account. There really isn't any excuse for that.

Unfortunately, I've got no Fax or Scanner, so I guess its time for a trip to Kinkos. What a hassle just to cashout back to the same Neteller account that was used to fund my account. "For my protection" my ass.
Old 06-21-2004, 09:06 PM

You may also want to consider checking at your local post office if there's no Kinko's near by. They have been known to send faxes at a small fee.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:12 PM

I'm sorry to say that I'm a soon to be victim of Aztec too. I did sign up through the PSO free chip promotion. Is that promotion legit at least? I've played over 150 raked hands by my count, and haven't heard from PSO. I'd hate to get screwed over by both Aztec and PSO as the same time!
Old 06-21-2004, 11:17 PM

I think they use a rather bizarre (and player-friendly) definition of "raked hand", something like the hand doesn't count if you don't see a flop.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:22 PM

I did the same propo. It has been 96 hours plus, which they advertise to be the time limit, and still have not heard. Not sure what's up but am giving it some more time. I put up a post on their support forum. No replies as of yet. I did read someone else's and PSO seems to be on top of it. This guy spent an extra $40 to get some additional chips too though. Maybe they just need to see some more dollar signs to get in gear. I'll keep you posted.
Old 06-21-2004, 11:24 PM

That sounds about right. Though it seems more Aztec-friendly than player-friendly to me. This just gets better and better. I guess the moral of the story is: stay away from fringe sites.