Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-07-2005, 01:39 PM

Default Betting the river after being raised on the turn.

Okay just something i have been thinking about. Villian in this hand is very aggressive and good.

Party 2/4. This is also from my morning session yesterday this table is tight and so so aggressive post flop.

Pre flop: Folds to MP player who open raises, folds to me in the CO and i 3-bet AK off, button(villian) cold calls three, folds to mp and he calls.

Flop(3 players 10.5sb): A10x rainbow
MP checks, i bet, button calls and mp folds.

Turn(2 players 6.25bb): a blank
I bet, button insta raises and i call.

River(2 players 10.25bb): another low blank
Hero?

I guess my main question is anybody betting the river after being raised on the turn with a TPTK type hand? Maybe not this one but lets say there were more draws out that didn't get there on the river. How often are we getting raised for a free showdown? How small does the pot have to be before we can bet/fold the river? Even if it is a free showdown play is there even any value in a river bet?

I pretty much just check/call in these spots and if i have a hand strong enough to bet the river i am probably 3-betting the turn. Anyway i just thought i would throw this out and see what everyone thinks.