Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2004, 03:06 AM

Default Re: I want to correct a general misconception here....

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe all the fish will go to Stars in the fall w/ the ridiculous amount of free promotion it'll get on ESPN showing the WSOP (like 20% of the players wearing Stars' gear). 4 of 9 finalist also have Stars' gear, and the final 2 do also.

[/ QUOTE ]

UH.. Wrong! Espn will not be showing any online poker related apparel. It will all be edited out.
Old 06-28-2004, 03:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Only a few moons ago, they began to calculate rake only on called bets, but still added uncalled bets to reporting of average pot size. They really should change this.

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.
and agreed.

they don't rake extra for the uncalled bets.....but it still goes up on the board.
read my previous post about playing on a NL-25 table with a pot-avg of $120 even though he was usually taking in $3 (or less) at a shot.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:43 AM

Last year this wasn't the case. They didn't allow poker logos at the final table but they were visible for earlier days IIRC.

Do you have any legitimate source for this or is this yet another thing you're just pulling out of your ass? [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-28-2004, 05:19 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. Everyone knows that. You are getting fleeced if you play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear.

I also won't pay taxes to the IRS. There rates are too high, they are fleecing us. I will not support their fascist system. Anyone who does is a fool. So instead I live in a box on the street and get tax free gifts from passers by. Ha ha, I win! I beat the nasty tax system!
Old 06-28-2004, 08:45 AM

acecrack,

I'm not sure, but I think it's a double standard. They count it in the average pot size, but don't when calculating rake. This is because at at $4.50 facing a $20 bet it's easy for them to see this as a $24.50 pot, but they don't physically take rake, so they don't count it as a raked hand. Interesting system they have over there.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. I wouldn't even consider playing there again until they lower the rakes to what is the industry standard.

F'ck them, good riddance.

[/ QUOTE ]
I really like the industry standard rates at Ub. Maybe I'll open my own real money account there and play starting tomorrow. Oh geez what am I thinking? I'll just call my friend up again and play on his Ub prop account, rake free! You see? A propped site lowers the industry standard rake.. if you're special, sometimes even to zero!

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus, you edited your reply? Were you intentionally trying to make it even more nonsensical?
Old 06-28-2004, 09:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I won't play party empire because of the sky high rakes. Anyone who supports them by playing there is a fool. Everyone knows that. You are getting fleeced if you play there.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear.

I also won't pay taxes to the IRS. There rates are too high, they are fleecing us. I will not support their fascist system. Anyone who does is a fool. So instead I live in a box on the street and get tax free gifts from passers by. Ha ha, I win! I beat the nasty tax system!

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, if you guys are going to be drinking, lock up your keyboards and don't post! Friends don't let friends post drunk!!!
Old 06-28-2004, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Hear, hear.

[/ QUOTE ]

Look, if you guys are going to be drinking, lock up your keyboards and don't post! Friends don't let friends post drunk!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
Actually, he made a very good point.

You seem to be cutting off your nose to spite your face. Does it make sense to give up a ton of income generated at Party tables just to deny them the rake that they will collect at the same time?

If you think it makes sense, you may be the one who ends up living in a box.
Old 06-28-2004, 09:26 AM

"Many many moons ago, Party used to collect rake on all uncalled bets..."

To the best of my knowledge, this is incorrect.

MS Sunshine
Old 06-28-2004, 09:32 AM

Default Ub Rake Correction

Apologies for overstating Ub's rake collection.
Still bigger than Party's, but less than my erroneous report.

OTOH, they may collect on a system similar to Paradise where the rake taken out on a previous betting round is deducted from the pot for future rake calculation. Which is NOT what Party does, so in the end it may not be much of a difference at all!

Hm.. now that I think about it some more.. the exact system of rake collection, and MUCH MUCH superior software.. I kinda like the Ub deal way more!