Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-28-2005, 12:35 AM

Default Anyone stop betting top 2 + nut flush draw here? Stars 30/60.

PokerStars 30/60 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Morningside is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Morningside 3-bets</font>, BB calls, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 caps</font>, Morningside calls, BB calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (16 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Morningside checks, BB folds, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Morningside raises</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Morningside caps</font>, call, call.

Original raiser is tight (16/6.5 over 260 hands). And so weak tight after the flop I felt AA was likely, never mind there's only 1 combination left.

UTG plays any Ax or most any 2 suited.

Turn: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>

Voice in my head says "better not chicken out for fear of 1 combination, he has AK, you're freerolling!"

How much action you planning to give here?
Old 07-28-2005, 02:35 AM

Default Re: Anyone stop betting top 2 + nut flush draw here? Stars 30/60.

I'd cap this and cap the river.

~ Tilts
Old 07-28-2005, 02:42 AM

Did he check to you on the turn? If so this is an easy bet. If you get c/r on the turn, however, I think you have to honestly evaluate what he'd do that with, and against someone that you described as ultra weak/tight, i'd be worried about AA. There might only be 1 combo left, but what other hands would that sort of player play that way? (what does he think of you?)

If he leads the turn, auto-raise. If he 3bets, I call down unless I improve w/ a heart or an Ace...i'm not sure what I'd do if I hit a king.

lf
Old 07-28-2005, 03:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I'd cap this and cap the river.

~ Tilts

[/ QUOTE ]if i was you, id just read what other ppl have to say and try to learn something...
Old 07-28-2005, 03:11 AM

bet and call a CR. only raise the riv if make the stone nuts..
if he leads the turn, call.
Old 07-28-2005, 03:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you think that preflop/flop action alone was enough to put villian on exactly AA? There is a chance that he has another AK and hero is freerolling, and I don't think the first 2 streets are enough info to accurately make that decision.

If he just calls a turn raise, we're clearly in front, and if we get three bet we know what we need. Having villians AF would certainly be helpful. I've seen some guys on party that are 16/6 but with an AF of like 3.2...

lf
Old 07-28-2005, 04:18 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Remember, I was in the SB here and first to act so he can't CR me.

Anyway I bet out thinking this nit has to have AA or AK (can't show up with 33 or 44 here) and AK is 4x more likely.

Turn: (14 BB) K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Morningside bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 raises</font>, Morningside calls, UTG calls.

If he will raise w/ top 2 pair here (standard) then I missed a re-raise with my nut flush freeroll, right? Especially with the presence of the loose chasing type player in the middle making my freeroll even juicier.

Only interesting thing here is raiser seemed so passive &amp; careful after the flop, I wasn't sure how to balance my overwhelming "feel" he had nuts with the more "cold, rational fact" he's 4x likelier to have AK. Went w/ feel this time.

River: (20 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (backdoor flush possible now)
<font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font> Morningside checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+2 calls, Morningside calls.
Old 07-28-2005, 06:30 AM

Perfectly played, IMO, all streets.
Old 07-28-2005, 09:28 AM

Based on the results, yes, but I'm still not sure about the turn.

Final Pot: 23 BB
Results: Morningside has Ah Kh (two pair, aces and kings).
UTG has Qd 7d (flush, ace high).
UTG+2 has As Ac (three of a kind, aces).
Outcome: UTG wins 23 BB.
Old 07-28-2005, 10:03 AM

With 3 players in I'd be basically staying in for the flush draw, if it didn't come, at least calling it down. If the diamond flush comes in I'd watch for an open bet from UTG. Even then I'd call one bet (but not 2 if the board pairs).