Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-22-2005, 11:50 AM

Default K7s in steal situation?

My blind play sucks. Am I passive or is this good?

PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (6 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (7 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 9 BB
Old 12-22-2005, 11:52 AM

Default Re: K7s in steal situation?

Hmmmmm. Any reads on SB steal attempts or PFR? Given that you called I would play it the same. Would it be correct to fold the turn if it wasnt a [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:56 AM

I would play this exactly the same a lot of the time, sometimes I would opt to raise the turn instead of the flop.

True
Old 12-22-2005, 11:57 AM

In a blind battle he could play alot of hands this fast, I wouldn't be surprised too see something like QT alot. It's a call down even without the club turn I think.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:09 PM

Its definitely a calldown, and I'd probably wait until the turn because you aren't really worried about many turn cards.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Its definitely a calldown, and I'd probably wait until the turn because you aren't really worried about many turn cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed, this is the reason I would wwait till the turn on this hand. had the flop been 347, I would be more inclined to raise the flop.

True