Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics

Old 12-13-2005, 04:40 PM

Default OOT affects my offline life

So...I'm out at a bar with a bunch of buddies, and one of them is talking about girl troubles he's having with this one girl. He talks for a bit, then I weigh in with my advice.

My advice turns into a fifteen minute rant...and about halfway through it, I realize that I am completely paraphrasing Dr. Dom.

Also, if I don't know something, my first thought, rather than asking others around me, is to post it to OOT...preferably with pics.

All of this is bad enough...but things reached a breaking point when I walked past a box that had a Post-It note on it, saying, "Don't Ship." When I first saw it, I thought it said, "Don't SIIHP."

Am I alone here, or does this happen to others?
Old 12-13-2005, 04:43 PM

Default Re: OOT affects my offline life

I joined that club a while back when I would get a great link/story/joke etc from OOT and then be the first to use it in my office...etc...

I'm sure I've hooked up with girls as a result of both consciously and sub-consciously using information from 2+2..

I Thank You
Old 12-13-2005, 04:56 PM

my friends actually know what twoplustwo is, and I'm the only poker player. sometimes I'll think about something and it will occur to me that I should post it on OOT.

sometimes I feel like there should be separate forums for "dating," "random hook-ups," "relationships," and "getting more than one woman to sleep with you at the same time."
Old 12-13-2005, 05:05 PM

When i go on posting rampages (like 50 in a day) then sometimes I'll dream about OOT... Like the other night I had a dream where I posted like 22 new threads so the whole page was full of WackityWhiz. I can't remember if they were good or not, I want to say they were, but I think [censored] was bitching me out saying that I was making his responsiblities difficult.

jesus i can't believe i just said that. I think i need to go do something [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 07:44 AM

I also just saw postcard and thought it said polltard [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 12-14-2005, 07:48 AM

Do you also think "What would Dominic do?"

Do you see celebrities/faces that are used as avatars here, and immediately know the name of the poster who uses it?

Do you wonder what eating butter in blocks would be like?

Then you are doomed.
Old 12-14-2005, 09:16 AM

[ QUOTE ]
When i go on posting rampages (like 50 in a day) then sometimes I'll dream about OOT... Like the other night I had a dream where I posted like 22 new threads so the whole page was full of WackityWhiz. I can't remember if they were good or not, I want to say they were, but I think [censored] was bitching me out saying that I was making his responsiblities difficult.

jesus i can't believe i just said that. I think i need to go do something [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHA, this reminds me of a couple nights at like 4 am central time. I would get on and start responding to posts in mid-high stakes limit (when it existed) and HUSH (when it existed) until the last post in every thread on the first page was by me.

I was unintentional at first, then there was only like 3 i hadn't responded to, so I had to come through.

blake
Old 12-14-2005, 12:58 PM

my work is done here.
Old 12-14-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my work is done here.

[/ QUOTE ]

NOOOO!!!!!!
Old 12-14-2005, 01:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
my work is done here.

[/ QUOTE ]

The fact that was your 3K isn't significant is it? IS IT?