Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-09-2005, 12:32 AM

Default Re: 200NL - TT - How bad did I butcher this?

Being mindraised OOP on flop w/ an overpair or TPTK is the hardest position in poker for me.

If u don't fold flop then lead turn.

After turn I am definately done with the hand.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:17 AM

I don't think you need to bet so much PF. 7 or 8 is fine as well. If you are on a table with guys who gladly call 5xBB (as it would appear here) then why not bet that or more with AA-QQ rather than a solid but not amazing hand TT.

Bet the flop harder. I see these kinda weak bets on the flop often at 100 and 200NL and I love to try and take those pots fully knowing I may be weaker. Bet near pot, you can always fold to further aggression, but don't appear so weak right away.

I would just call the turn. There is no reason to play a huge pot now when so much beats you. Plus he is offering you a small pot and as has been stated a bunch of times, your raise is ineffectual anyways. Try and get a cheap showdown. You gotta fold to a huge river bet...which obviously didn't happen. I expect to win here 60-70% of the time after that river action.
Old 12-09-2005, 06:33 AM

I don't think the flop bet is overly bad, but the minraise on his part seems like a weak holding, some draw combination or pair + draw. you only have enough behind you though to the point where a reraise on the flop is more or less gonna commit you to the hand, and not only that you're likely only getting called by hands that dominate you.

with that said though, this wasn't the best turn card to see OOP, and if your plan is to checkraise there then I'm more in favor of check-raising that a little harder. You're giving him far too good odds to call with any kind of redraw or high heart or pair/two pair combination.

do you plan on calling the turn if he pushes your smallish CR? it seems that way. more than anything it looks like FPS and if I'm villain i am thinking you are trying to represent the draw you hit and you raised just enough to where you think you could release the hand if you saw further aggression.

2/3 of your stack is in the pot come the river, are there any reads on this guy? this seems very player dependant when you think of the best turn line or river line.
Old 12-09-2005, 11:53 AM

Thanks for the advice guys. I agree that the turn checkraise was pretty horrible. I probably should have just called if I wasn't willing to commit my whole stack to the pot with a real raise that would make him fold something.

Anyway, he had 33 for a flopped set. I guess he got scared of the flush after the turn so I ended up getting a relatively cheap showdown in the end, considering the pot was $100 after the flop and I only put in $60 more after that. Who knows if he would have folded to a larger raise.
Old 12-09-2005, 04:04 PM

How ugly a board does a pocket pair have to face anyway?
Lets try put him on a hand:
-suited A,x
-suited K,x
-small pair
The way I read it, his call on the flop indicated one of the above. His raise on the flop suggests he has a four flush; and youir reraise on the turn has confused him, so he thinks maybe you have a better flush so he checks the river.
Do I win a prize?