Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-21-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Your Diet and Nutrition

[ QUOTE ]
Highly recommended:

[/ QUOTE ]

I will never take advice from the unqualified informercial guy who's product ad is sandwiched between Carlton Sheets and either Ronco or the Oxy-Clean guy

Trudeau is a fraud, and should be castrated.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:38 AM

low reps and high weight for lifting weights generally will add mass.
Old 11-21-2005, 06:54 AM

Very little if any, and not alone. They'll build strength more than anything. To add anything more than the small amount of mass anyone gets when starting an exercise program doing virtually type of exercise program at all, you need to eat a lot, get good sleep, etc. One or two sets of five reps or under won't add much mass at all, especially without drastically increasing your eating, on most people.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:20 AM

ive lost 40 lbs in 4 monthes with a few minor changes.

first and foremost: aerobic exercise. bike riding is great if you are fat bc its hard work but is easy on the joints. running is good but may cause injury if you heavy. walking/hiking is good too but somewhat poonish and boring imo.

i started off riding my bike 20-25 miles a day at least 4 times a week. i would also run 3 miles once a week. my body quickly adapted to this and i am doing twice as much now.

start out with workouts that you can do but that make you very tired. avoid injury at all cost tho. if you tweak a muscle or start having joint problems cut back or switch to a lower impact exercise. dont misinterpret muscle soreness as an injury tho. you will be sore but just suck it up and keep going. enjoy the soreness; its a constant reminder that you are getting stronger. as you get stronger you can work out harder and longer thus burning more calories and losing more weight.

as for food and diet i cook for myself and try to eat all fresh foods. i dont pay much attention to how much and when i eat bc i exercise so much. i just never eat fast food or processed crap or soda (i never liked it so i wasnt cutting it out anyway.)

also i cut way back on alcohol. i went from drinking 6 nights a week to 1-2.

but my main suggestion is to get off your ass and exercise. you will feel a lot better about yourself too. you will get a bit of a buzz during and after working out and it will be very satisfying to watch and feel yourself getting stronger.