Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-08-2004, 01:37 PM

Default K9s in BB

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
UTG folds, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, CO calls, Button folds, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (5 SB) Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, SB folds, Hero calls, MP2 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(3 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (9.50 BB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="blue">(2 players)</font>
<font color="CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 17.50 BB

I'm all over the place on this hand

1)Should I raise Preflop?

2)3-bet the flop?

3)Lead the turn?

I was lost!!!!

StuR
Old 09-08-2004, 01:39 PM

Default Re: K9s in BB

Pf is fine with me. The flop bet is ok I think, I probably check-call the turn, river is good.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:13 PM

1)Should I raise Preflop?

2)3-bet the flop?

3)Lead the turn?

[/ QUOTE ]

1) Nope

2) None of your draws at this point give you the nuts, so I'd get all weak-tight and just call.

3) Check-call. CO is definitely not leaving, a non-heart ten gives you a split, and 9's and K's are probably not safe outs. You're on a 3:1 draw, roughly.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:36 PM

No don't raise preflop.
Check fold the flop.
If you make it to the turn in your fashion check call.
Then check raise the river.
If you play just to have fun, the hand was played well.
Old 09-08-2004, 02:43 PM

I really don't like the idea of check folding the flop maybe check call. Don't you think this hand warrants seeing the turn?

And I dont think the played for fun comment is needed. Its obvious that by me posting here I'm trying to improve my game. I'm looking for constructive comments - not insults.

StuR
Old 09-08-2004, 02:59 PM

Sorry if it came off like that. Didn't mean it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Pot is too small to check call. You hand is rarely gonna be good at this point. Your second pr is no good most likely losing to the str8. So your drawing I believe at 2 nines and 4 gutters. None of which even have to be good and are easily redrawn out on. You need more than the six-1 and may even get raised behind.
Once again I am truly sorry for my comment in the last post.
Old 09-08-2004, 03:06 PM

Honestly mate it wasnt that bad, I over reacted- I just sometimes worry about posting hands and getting laughed at for my play - You sound pretty confident in all you posts like loads others round here. Whereas I constantly live in fear of calling a play, getting it wrong and then getting flamed. lol

Thanks for the advice

StuR
Old 09-08-2004, 03:45 PM

I agree I think your flop play is fine.

I either check/call or bet and call the raise as you did. You have 6 solid outs here. I say the 4 Tens are clean because for your str8 not to be the nuts this means no one raised AK PF which is very unlikely. Plus you have the back door flush draw as well, not the nuts so give it one or 1/2 out. Now in this case if you check and it goes bet, raise, I think I would fold when it came back two cold to me. So, actually your line worked nicely.

Turn: I disagree, I check/call here.

River: Perfect
Old 09-08-2004, 04:46 PM

Default The pre-Flop raise is closer than some seem to think

Hi StuR,

I disagree with the others. I think it is close between knuckling and raising pre-Flop. Just to give you an idea of how close it is, I would definitely raise KTs from the BB in this spot, and I would definitely raise K9s if I had the Button in this spot. With 1 or 2 more limpers, I would also definitely raise K9s from the BB.

This Flop completely whiffed ya man. It looks like it sort of hit you, but it really didn't. You have bottom pair, which obviously isn't gonna be good, so you're looking at your draws. Hitting a King will give anyone with a Ten a straight, so that's no good. Hitting a Ten will give you your gutshot, but you'll also have to split the pot with anyone else who has a King. So that's a marginal draw. Hitting either 9 will give you a strong hand, but with how co-ordinated the board is already, you will be susceptible to many redraws on the River. About the only thing I like about your hand is the backdoor Flush draw.

You will also get raised many times that you bet this Flop. You have a weak draw, and if you can see the Turn for 1 bet, it's probably barely worth it. Check and call.

On the Turn, you picked up more outs, but does that mean you should bet again? I don't think so. You have no chance of taking it down and the bet won't be for value. What are you hoping to accomplish by betting?

The River is good obviously. I wouldn't be surprised if he had KT and you were drawing to the backdoor Flush on the Flop. [img]/images/graemlins/shocked.gif[/img]

Again, it's important to look at this Flop and think about what you really have going on. You've got some high cards, and there are some high cards out there. You've got a backdoor Flush draw and a pair. It sounds like a nice hand. It really ain't THAT great, and you don't want to get raised if you bet (and you will get raised often with this Flop).

-Brian
Old 09-08-2004, 05:16 PM

PF - I'd probably just check unless the table was a bit looser than the average Party 0.5/1.

Flop - since the pot is so small, I would probably check/fold. With such a coordinated flop, you have to discount your K outs somewhat, and you should probably discount your straight outs somewhat, too, because of the strong chance of a split.

Turn - I would check/call.

River - perfect.

Again, for me the main point is that on the flop the pot is too small to fight for given what your real outs are given the coordinated nature of the board.

Of course I'm just starting out, too, so take it FWIW [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]