Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Home Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Who will win?
New England 59 80.82%
Philadelphia 14 19.18%
Voters: 73. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2005, 12:12 PM

Default Re: Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson chips - Pre-Order Thread

People need to stop saying what they want and what they hate.

The design is done. If you want to spend all this time worknig on something for strangers, go ahead. 10 has put alot of time and effort into this and all I seem to see is people wanting him to fail, wanting everything changed, asking "why isn't this the way I want"

Get over it. We have people, we cannot keep changing stuff. We already have all 7 chips with or without denoms, what the hell else can you ask for?

We need to stop arguing over stupid minute details that dont matter and start making sure that we have the orders so we can get this show on the road!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
People need to stop saying what they want and what they hate.

[/ QUOTE ]

relax, dood. it's been three days since the matsui/paulson discussion and there hasn't been one complaint in that time. that's probably a pharaoh's club record!
Old 03-21-2005, 12:44 PM

I demand the following:

Blue $1 chip
shaped inlays
triple edge spots on at least 2 chips
Ten rubbing mineral oil each individual chip before shipping

If that does not happen then I will definitely not order a sample set!!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:16 PM

Default Re: No non-denoms allowed.

I got a triple confirmation on this today:

Paulson will allow only 7 chips per 100,000 order.

Adter getting the news last week, I sent two long, well written pleas to the prez of Trademark. They went to the mat with Paulson for me. Paulson said no again today. The only way to get more than 7 is to order 200,000 chips at once.

So, scratch all current plans for non-denom chips. There will be seven chips in the set.

Ten
Old 03-21-2005, 01:29 PM

That company (Paulson) is definitely suffering badly from "We're a big company and can't afford to do business" syndrome.

What a bummer.

My promise is still good. I s'pose if anything, it simplifies my order, but it's still a bummer.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:41 PM

Keep your head up Ten. Just keep plugging away, finalize the best Paulson set you can muster... and see how it all shakes out when it's time to order. I greatly appreciate your efforts - whether I buy the final product or not. I still love the set and will very likely buy.

Keep us posted.
Old 03-21-2005, 01:51 PM

Ten, just to let you know, I'm still planning on buying. I'm trying to get everyone I know to buy as well. I haven't filled out the promise form. I want to see some final proofs first, but that's only to help me decide if I should order 500 or 1000. Keep up the good work!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:55 PM

Thats a bummer, unfortunatley that will take me out of the running. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you get enough orders.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:48 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I got a triple confirmation on this today:

Paulson will allow only 7 chips per 100,000 order.

Adter getting the news last week, I sent two long, well written pleas to the prez of Trademark. They went to the mat with Paulson for me. Paulson said no again today. The only way to get more than 7 is to order 200,000 chips at once.

So, scratch all current plans for non-denom chips. There will be seven chips in the set.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]

Boooo!! They suck! The blue is one of my favorites, but I have zero use for a .25 chip. Damn, I was going to get blue, white, red, and green in non-denom and get 50/50 non/denom on the other 3.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:49 PM

Default OFFICIAL Pharaoh\'s Club Paulson Order Form

This thread has grown beyond what any perosn can read walking into the process. This is really cool in a way, but people are starting to email me questions all the time about stuff that should be on the main post.

Since 2+2 doesn't have a way to allow edits for one post, I'm moving all "official" discussions and annnouncements to the "Chip Talk" board. I'll have control over the main post there.

Please, feel free to keep the discussion going here too. I frequent many forums, why not add one more? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

New Pharaoh's Club Discussion forum: http://www.lightningsolutions.net/ch...topic.php?t=20

Easy to copy/paste URL: http://tinyurl.com/4bc84

When the time comes to take REAL ORDERS, those URL's will be the palce to make the orders, so be ready. There will only be 7-10 days to make your real order.

Thanks,

Ten

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Any luck on getting the mods approval to let you edit the first page?

[/ QUOTE ]

None. In fact, Mason Malmuth immediately answered and questioned whether this thread should be allowed at all, (he hadn't read the thread yet). My you-know-what puckered up at that message, but then Sklansky answered afterwards and said that there was no way to make one post editable, but didn't have a problem with the thread.

Ten

[/ QUOTE ]