Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-14-2005, 04:24 AM

Default Re: Play a Hand With the Masters #2 Turn

Meh. OK, now you push, end of hand.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:29 AM

I push, but why do I have a feeling that gigabet folded here?
Old 10-14-2005, 04:51 AM

Lloyd, don't worry, almost no hands are boring. I mean half the field said to call preflop, and then you had a smattering of people talking about all kinds of weird things on the flop. Okay the turn is pretty clearcut IMO, but if it was so "boring" as a lot of people are claiming, there wouldnt have been 13 pages of freaking responses for the first 3 threads.
Old 10-14-2005, 04:52 AM

the PF was semi-not boring.

flop and turn was pretty dull.

But i have faith in Lloyd, theres some kind of twist in this.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:00 AM

Well I would have played the flop differently, as I suspect that many others would have as well. Whenever there are multiple ways to play a hand, or there is at least an alternate play that someone who is a strong pro player decides to make, then I just don't see how everyone can dismiss it as "boring".

I mean I would have bet more than 300 to begin with, and wouldn't have flat called the flop raise (I would have moved allin). For some people certain parts of this hand will be boring, some won't be. Not everyone here is on the same exact level and has the same playing style.

It just seems stupid to me to criticize the choice of hand when there has been so many responses to it. Obviously those respondents had something to say about it.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:04 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Lloyd, don't worry, almost no hands are boring. I mean half the field said to call preflop, and then you had a smattering of people talking about all kinds of weird things on the flop. Okay the turn is pretty clearcut IMO, but if it was so "boring" as a lot of people are claiming, there wouldnt have been 13 pages of freaking responses for the first 3 threads.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree that this hand is more interesting than most posted on this forum (lately that isn't exactly high praise), but to be considered a "masters hand" I think there should be more to it. The only real difference in opinion is what to do vs the flop min-raise, and in most cases I dont think it matters much what you do vs it if you're looking to get all your chips in the middle here because a normal $100 PP player isn't folding AT let alone AQ or KJ. The only interesting idea I could see here is folding to the continued aggression on the turn, but w/o a strong read folding here in such a shallow stack tournament isn't a strong play in my opinoin.

Edit: By the way, I really do appreciate these hands and the work that Lloyd and our "masters" put in, and am excited for the prospect of more hands to come.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:08 AM

the previous masters hand was way more interesting... there was an extra guy in the hand, nad more decisions to be made.

This just seems pretty straightforward.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:20 AM

How greedy are we?

If Hero PUSHes now (after smooth calling the flop reraise) we send the signal that we were trapping and that our hand is very strong.
This will enable Villain to get away from (Ax), Kx, Qx, Jx, Tx and a pure bluff.
Probably Villain will call a push with Ax, any combination of a pair/draw and anything better than this of course.

If Hero CALLs the turn bet Villain might think Hero is the one with the draw. If this is so, the rest of Villains chips will likely go in the middle on the river. I suspect him to push a (brick) river even with 32o and call a push with Kx.

The above argues in favor of a call. However, as many have pointed out, stacks are shallow. Inducing a river bluff (or a river check-call with Kx and maybe Ax) has its merits but for 965 chips it might not be worth it considering the times villain hits a straight/set and stacks us.

I toss a coin.

(By the way, I agree with Curtains and others that the critique is stupid. If you don't like the hand, don't participate. Thanks again to Lloyd for setting this whole thing up.)
Old 10-14-2005, 05:28 AM

[ QUOTE ]
the previous masters hand was way more interesting... there was an extra guy in the hand, nad more decisions to be made.

This just seems pretty straightforward.

[/ QUOTE ]

I like straightforward hands [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] And again, the way I would play the hand is completely different than Gigabet actually played it. So either I play this hand badly, he plays it badly, or it isn't so straightforward.
Old 10-14-2005, 05:30 AM

Well yeah I just think its ridiculous that Lloyd is doing all this work for free (at least I think its free), and tons of people are acting like they own the server and sound upset because the hand is "boring". If these people want a better hand why dont they post one in the same format themselves and stop complaining about it.