Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-30-2005, 03:25 PM

Default Continuing the rating discussion...

Just to get this started, this is to continue the tangent we got on about OOT guys and their rating of women...
Old 11-30-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Re: Continuing the rating discussion...

The point for those who missed it is that many pictures of women are posted in this forum. Often they're models, actresses, and other assorted attractive women. These, along with the friend/girlfriend/i'm-stalking-her-on-my-space girls are often attractive as well, yet all of these girls get mild reviews and scores, plenty of "eh, airbrushed/fake/i've dreamt better" type of comments, while pictures of other less attractive girls get "7, definitely 7, yes 7"...

Is there some sort of gratification for rating these girls so low and others higher than they should be?
Old 11-30-2005, 03:31 PM

The only rating that matters - for real women not models etc - is what YOU think of HER. If she's beautiful to you, she's beautiful - game over.

If you're worried about the ratings of others, you need to grow your balls a bit.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:32 PM

I was definitely shocked to see the girl from the thread earlier today getting so many high scores from this crowd. Sure, she did a good job of wedging herself between a couple of manatees, but there was no way I would have given her a 7, much less an 8.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:33 PM

You make it sound like an OOT rating rating actually mean's something. I prefer to use the men's magazine scale to evaluate women:

Playboy -- 9 and 10's top notch
Penthouse - 7 & 8 - good quality, maybe a flaw or too
Hustler - 5-6 - Overall average, but with a few better than average features
Swank, et al - Everything else.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:34 PM

yeah, i was just wondering why that chick in the thread was getting 8's and some girls way better posted get 6's and nitpicked. its as if OOT'ers feel non-threatened by her so they build her up but really pretty girls they dislike b/c of jealousy or somthing, i dunno.

here's the trump card to that picture (of the three girls)- most cute girls have fat friends cause it makes them look better and even though she had a heifer on both sides of her it didn't help. bad bad sign.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:35 PM

Default My first real meaningful thought on the subject...

where did this whole rating 1-10 thing come about in the first place? Undoubtedly some popular immature movie of some sorts, I am curious though about how it became so mainstream.

I find the whole idea idiotic. To speak of a person, then follow that up immediately with a # is rediculous. And men wonder why they can't get laid.

As I understand it, a 10 is perfect? How can there be a perfect woman? My g/f actually asked me to rate her. I told her she was an 8.5. She knew I wouldn't lie but she said she was surprised I didn't rate her higher, cause she is by far the hottest chick I have ever banged.

I basically reasoned that there are no 10's. No one is perfect. If I say you're a 9.5, you'll take it as if I am saying you're a 10. If I say you're a 9, you will think there is something you are lacking and you will be mad at me. So I picked 8.5. Leaves room for improvement yet doesn't kill her self esteem.

Men are pigs.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:37 PM

I was about to start this thread myself, cause I have a theory.

there are two kinds of girls we see here.

1) Girls we might, one day, if our game is on point and the stars align, get to rail.

These girls are rated hotter than normal because we are comparing them to the chicks we see in bars, go on dates with, work with, etc. they are above average when compared to everyday life.

2) The chicks that Michael Vick, Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt, etc. get to bang. if Justin didnt get butt humped, that is.

We bash these ladies because we're comparing them to all the other models, actresses, goddesses, etc that we know we'll never so much as talk to. somehow the ordinary chicks are exempt from this comparison almost like we'd never compare a college football team to an NFL team because even the worst NFL team would romp on USC or Texas' [censored], and then spit on the remains.

A lot of times my friends get into these discussions, Drew Barrymore and Cameron Diaz are the two classic examples. I have numerous friends who don't think either of them are hot. No [censored] man, that's cause you're comparing them to Angelina Jolie and Keira Knightley. In reality, if any of us saw either of those 'not hot' chicks in a bar, we'd totally lose our [censored] and they'd easily be the hottest chick in the bar. FWIW, I think both of these ladies are very pretty, I was just using the example since it's ciome up in my real life conversations.

it's become apples and oranges, but really they're all still girls.

Celebrities are generally unattainable to us normal people. They must be held to a higher standard. Hence, Paris Hilton is one ugly mf.

Girls that one of us knows must be rated based on normal non-celeb standards. Hence, a little butterfacedness can be overlooked. If you had a legit shot at banging her, her rating must go up.

We rate on two completely different scales.

[ QUOTE ]
...manatees...

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha