Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-18-2005, 09:33 PM

Default Beginners 1/2 at party for a NL player - for the fish

Hi,
I normally play NL small stakes, and have recently opened an account at party, and just noticed there beginner section - i think you are only allowed to play there for like the first 45 days. The only game is FL, up to 1/2.

The average pot is a lot higher than on the normal 1/2 FL games.

Should i give it a try just play top hands pre-flop, tight/aggressive postflop, and nowing the odds at draws should pretty do it at this level with new players, making the pots to big, don't you think ??

By level i don't mean 1/2, but the beginner max. 45 days whith too high average pots.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:46 PM

Default Re: Beginners 1/2 at party for a NL player - for the fish

This place is a goldmine, be happy!

Generally you should be seeing very loose and very passive players. This means you'll probably be able to limp in with any hand that has lots of implied odds, from any position. 45s UTG, 33 UTG become profitable. Pump draws for all they're worth. Don't fold to random bets--the people are new and can't tell the difference between good and bad (a very misunderstood concept here on 2+2). Watch out for hands like KTo, A9o, etc., as those hands lose substantial value in games like these. Play ABC poker. Good luck.
Old 12-18-2005, 09:48 PM

Default Re: Beginners 1/2 at party for a NL player - for the fish

this level is great fun. you'll be playing defense with top pair hands (i.e. watch out for two players raising the turn) but you can also play a lot more drawing hands out of position. just be reasonable, don't make any pure bluffs against these jokers.