Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-27-2005, 07:13 PM

Default Check your egos at the door and post your most embarassing hand.

I'm going through my pocket pair play, and this one completely baffles me. Was I drunk or something, donking it up on my birthday? I can't even remember this.

Party Poker 0.5/1 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 2[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $0.5.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, UTG calls, Hero calls, CO folds, Button folds, SB calls.

Flop: (10 SB) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls. (Hmm)

Turn: (8 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, BB folds, Hero calls. (Uh...)

River: (12 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls (WTF???).

Final Pot: 14 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
SB has Ks Ts (full house, kings full of sixes).
Hero has 2c 2h (two pair, kings and sixes).
Outcome: SB wins 14 BB. </font>

[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 07:23 PM

Default Re: Check your egos at the door and post your most embarassing hand.

Yes maybe you were drunk. Flop fold looked about right.

I havent got any embarassing hands to post. LOL. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 07:33 PM

oh that one is easy for me. it just happened 2 days ago.

Hero CO A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
Preflop
weak MP1 limps in, folded to hero, <font color="orange">Hero raises</font>, Button and SB fold, <font color="red">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 cold calls, <font color="orange">Hero caps?!?!</font> - in my defense this part was a misclick, BB calls, MP1 calls.

and let my brilliance shine here:

Flop: T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="orange">Hero raises?!?!</font>, <font color="red">BB 3-bets</font>, MP1 folds, Hero calls.

Turn: Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, Hero calls

River: 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
<font color="red">BB bets</font>, <font color="orange">Hero folds</font>

what a doof!
Old 06-27-2005, 07:39 PM

I just played a hand where I accidently cold-called with 93o. It actually went to showdown. People must have thought I was some the best fish out there =D
Old 06-27-2005, 07:49 PM

Wow either you play really crappy when you are trashed or I play really well. Since I do it all the time I tend to think that it is the latter. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 06-27-2005, 07:56 PM

You just become the drunken rock. Which is surprisingly difficult to distinguish from the sober rock [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

-DeathDonkey
Old 06-27-2005, 08:07 PM

Here's mine. I played this hand like such a pussy.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Brady is MP with A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Brady calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Flop: (15 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">Brady raises</font>, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, <font color="#CC3333">Brady caps</font>, Button calls, SB calls, BB calls.

Turn: (16 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Brady bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, BB folds, Brady calls.

River: (22 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Brady checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, SB calls, Brady calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB

Results:
SB has 9s 6c (two pair, sevens and sixes).
Brady has As 7s (three of a kind, sevens).
Button has 9d 7c (three of a kind, sevens).
Outcome: Brady wins 25 BB.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:58 PM

I won't be able to find the hand, but I had some offsuit middle junk a couple of weeks ago that I meant to fold. It got raised before me to boot, but somehow I accidentally hit raise and three bet it. I made some kind of hand on the flop - I think it was two pair and I rammed and jammed the pot. It didn't go to showdown but I unclicked the automatic hand mucker so everyone could see it and think I was bonkers.
Old 06-27-2005, 08:59 PM

Default Re: Check your egos at the door and post your most embarrassing hand.

A live home game, 6-handed. A .25/.50 game, with a full kill, but plays like a TAG/ sometimes LAG 2+2 table...in fact, is hosted by a 2+2er. Was over a year ago, when I was still basically clueless about basic limit concepts (yes, I realize I'm leaving myself wide open here, and I don't care.)

-MP is a smart LAG, who has been playing poker for over 20 years, but Hold'em for only about 1½. His one preflop weakness is, he is prone to playing (and often raising) any ace.

-CO is the TAG 2+2er host.

The table was in one of its LAGgish streaks. In a kill pot, I'm dealt 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] on the button. UTG folds, MP (the Kill) raises (he ALWAYS raised PF when he had the Kill, and collected some rather ridiculous kill pot winning streaks, as a result), CO 3-bets, I COLD-CALL 3 (UGH), SB folds, BB folds, MP calls.

Flop: 2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 3 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (9 SB)

MP bets, CO calls, I call.

Now, for the ugly part.

Turn: 6 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (6 BB)

MP bets, CO raises, I 3-bet (I HAVE A SET...DONKDONKDONKDONK), MP caps, CO calls, I FOLD. (Laugh at me...PLEASE!!)

River: 5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] (17 BB)

MP bets, CO raises, MP 3-bets, CO calls.

CO shows K [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Q [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
MP shows A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 2 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] (there's that Any Ace again), in what would have been basically, for the limit, a 54 BB pot, (assuming I call the turn cap, 3-bet the river, and they both just call), where I 3-bet/folded the best hand, with odds to call.

After that, that table made plays at me for the next two months, and with good reason.

When I post here or play, I always try to check my ego at the door...I find egotism to be -EV.
Old 06-27-2005, 09:10 PM

This was still while I was at the nanos.

.05/.1 Paradise: recreated imperfectly from memory:

I am in MP and get dealth J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

UTG raises, one folded to me, I 3 bet, one cold call to the raiser who caps.

4 to the flop: J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
BB checks, UTG bets, I call, LP 3 bets, BB folds, UTG caps, both call.

3 to the turn: 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
UTG bets, I call, LP folds.

River: 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
UTG bets, I call.