Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-17-2005, 11:01 AM

Default things that make you go hmmm

playing online 100 +9 s&g. I am doing really well for the day. playing 2 at a time. within two minutes of each other 1st one I am a little behind the chip leader with 4 people left. I check from the BB with a 6/5s. Flop is 6/5/6. Check Check. Turn is a 5 I go all in, CL calls with J/J and river is a J.

Okay I can accept that he had two outs and he hit one, but not even a minute later on the other tourney, there are 5 players left and I have an average stack. I hold 10/10. After a raise there are me and the chip leader left. Flop comes up 5/5/10. I throw a modest bet out and get a big raise against. I re-reraise and the chip leader goes all-in. I have the nuts, unless he holds 5/5. Cards turn over and he has 7/7?.....turn 7, river 7. Chat box three people told me that was the sketchiest thing that they have ever seen, considering he had to AT LEAST put me on J/J. I am a tight/aggressive player.

I am not one to complain about bad-beats but this was worst I've ever had
Old 06-17-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: things that make you go hmmm

its rigged you need to quit....and wrong forum
Old 06-17-2005, 11:31 AM

yup, wrong forum, and you'll probably get crap for posting bad beats. but that being said, it sounds like you played the hands well. in the first hand, i probably would have bet something on the flop, maybe 1/2 pot, and then pushed on the turn. in the second hand, the villian probably put you on overcards and thought that his 77 was good. sounds like he got very very lucky. don't let it get to you.
Old 06-17-2005, 11:34 AM

well, like i said, I almost never complain about bad beats. Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, and about badbeats, just trying to get some feedback

good luck guys!!!