Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Sports Betting
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2004, 04:48 AM

Default FF help at WR

I'm running my friend's team while he's in Cambodia this weekend with a group of dentists pulling teeth.

I've got a couple of decisions to make at WR and could use some advice.

Scoring is 1 for every 10 Rushing/recieving (combined, which really helps with RB's) with a minimum of 50yds to qualify. 6pts for TD's and a bonus 4 for TD's over 50yds.

He currently has on his roster:
H. Ward v Cin
D. Mason v Jac
Rod Smith v NO
A Gates v Oak
T Gonzalez v NE on Monday night.

It's not a TE league but he does have a thing for TE's.

Currently I'm starting Ward, Smith and Gates. I'm passing on Gonzo cause players that start for him on Monday night tend to die. Literally. They either get injured or under-perform. Mason kinda scares me with McNair coming back and it's against Jax.

I think Gates is the only real lock in the group and everyone else could be a coinflip as far as breakout production.

Thoughts?

Thanks
Old 11-20-2004, 06:10 AM

Default Re: FF help at WR

Stick with what you have..the only possible switch might be T.G. for Rod Smith..but the way Plummer has been throwing and the fact that Plummer is a Qb that finds a guy he likes and consitenly throws him the ball..even if he is triple covered.
Old 11-20-2004, 07:08 PM

that and the fact that my grandmother could throw on NO was the big reason for that pick.

Heck, Kerry Collins had a monster day against them.... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 11-20-2004, 10:06 PM

TEs have been more valuable in WR/TE leagues this year than ever before; there are about 12-15 who warrant roster spots and five who are every week starters.

Hines Ward is a stud and shoud never sit.

As for the rest, I think you've got a pretty tough call on all of them and I doubt it matters much who you start amongst them.

-Michael
Old 11-23-2004, 01:56 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Hines Ward is a stud and shoud never sit.

As for the rest, I think you've got a pretty tough call on all of them and I doubt it matters much who you start amongst them.

[/ QUOTE ]

Michael,

I always love reading your comments in FF threads as you are usually spot on and I rarely find myself disagreeing with your assessment (and this wasn't one of those rare times).

I'm chalking this one up to a bad beat. I lost by 13 and the difference was Mason and Gonzo.

The real question that begs to be asked is, can we still can consider Ward a stud right now? Ever since the kid has come in, he's been playing second fiddle. He's averageing 6pts a week in our league since Big Ben has been starting.

I'm ok with the decision I made and would have kicked my self had Mason been the differnce in the game (as that was the real toss up in my mind). Had I started Mason (instead of Ward) it would have come down to Vinatieri needing to get 8 last night for the other guy to win. He got nine and I would have lost anyway. The only way for me to have won was starting Gonzo and Mason insteand of Ward and Smith.

Thanks for everyone's advice and opinions.

-gg
Old 11-23-2004, 05:04 PM

Default Hines Ward is no longer the stud that he once was

Big Ben likes Plex way more than Hines on the field, and Ben and Plex are best friends off the field. Ward has not done anything since Ben took over. He is still one of the top 10 receivers in the game overall, but his fantasy value is waaaaaayyyyyy down. Definitely don't start him with the other options available.

Rick Diesel
Old 11-23-2004, 06:37 PM

Default umm

plaxico is hurt dude