Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: 3 vs 4
3 38 41.76%
4 53 58.24%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-01-2005, 05:03 PM

Default FF League Issue: You be the judge...

Here’s the story. It’s a bit long, but all the details are necessary and interesting.

I was out Sunday morning until around 1:10 eastern time. Got back home and realized that I hadn’t set my lineup. I noticed I had Brian Finneran (don’t ask) in my lineup despite having a bye. Although games had already started for the week, Yahoo’s system allowed me to pick up Tim Dwight, who was in the Sunday night game, and put him in my lineup over Finneran, who was idle.

Fast forward to Monday morning. I realize that I missed the fact that Vanderjagt also had a bye week. At 10 am I try to pick up Matt Stover, playing in the Monday night game, and put him in for Vanderjagt. Yahoo doesn’t let me. Why? For some reason, they have a cutoff of 11:59 PM Pacific time on Sunday night to pick up players for that week, (even though there are Monday night games). I have no idea why, especially since they let you replace guy all day Sunday if you want.

I send an email to the commish at 10 am asking him to see if he could make the switch for me. He says he tried to, but cannot.

Fast forward to this morning. I wake up and see that I lost (beated by Hines Ward and the Pittsburgh D last night) this week, but would have won if Stover was in my lineup. I look into Yahoo’s rules, and find out that it IS possible for a commish to make that type of switch like I asked Monday morning. I go to see the commish (we work in the same office) and ask him to make the switch. As he’s walking through the process of retroactively adding Stover and activating him for the week, he says he cannot do it because it doesn’t feel right. He will ask around to others in the league to see what they think of the move.

I can honestly see both sides of the situation. My side, I have clear evidence that I requested that Stover be put in yesterday morning, which the commish would have done if he had known how. The flip side, the rest of the league may be very upset at a completely retroactive move, and argue that I had an entire week to set my lineup and didn't.

So 2 questions: