Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-28-2005, 06:59 AM

Default HU vs. The_Bends

I think that was one of the the more interesting hands we plays. It was early in the match and The_Bends was very difficult to read. His raising range appeared wide, but not maniacal. (Sorry, Bison's converter is down...I did my best)

One on One Seat #2 is the button Seat 1: 4_2_it ($2.62 in chips) Seat 2: The_Bends($1.38 in chips)
The_Bends: posts small blind $0.01
4_2_it: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to 4_2_it [T [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]]
The_Bends: raises $0.06 to $0.08
4_2_it: calls $0.06
*** FLOP *** A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
4_2_it: checks
The_Bends: bets $0.10
4_2_it: calls $0.10
*** TURN *** A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]
The_Bends: checks
*** RIVER *** A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 3 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] 8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] 2d [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]
The_Bends: bets $0.20
4_2_it: ?????
Old 10-28-2005, 07:04 AM

Default Re: HU vs. The_Bends

mmm given his stack, id either check-raise the flop to .35, put him in on the turn, orrrrr bet .12 on the flop, and 3-bet all-in

right now he probably puts you on clubs - but he doesnt know you have a pair to go with it. however, i dont think you see KJ, KT, KQ, etc. enough to make this a call ......
Old 10-28-2005, 08:27 AM

[ QUOTE ]
mmm given his stack, id either check-raise the flop to .35, put him in on the turn, orrrrr bet .12 on the flop, and 3-bet all-in

right now he probably puts you on clubs - but he doesnt know you have a pair to go with it. however, i dont think you see KJ, KT, KQ, etc. enough to make this a call ......

[/ QUOTE ]

I like that line. I'll add that he has folded the last couple of times I showed aggression so I thought a passive line was the best way to get value.

Of course I understand your answer could have different if I gave this info from the onset. Your line is way I go if this is a 6-max ring game.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:12 AM

Yup after the river check I had you on the flush draw or a weak T. You'd played a staight draw exactly the same way a few hands earlier and hit a 2 on the turn to beat my Ahigh. If felt then I should have raised you off the and so I made up for it here.

On reflection the only point of the bet was to fold a T since I had K-x so I was beating any missed club draw. Given my previous aggression and my turn check (although I would do this with TP as well but meh) I'm not sure my river bluff was plausable enough to remove a player I had no read on from second pair.
Old 10-28-2005, 10:14 AM

yah, id call pretty fast on the river.

[ QUOTE ]
Given my previous aggression and my turn check (although I would do this with TP as well but meh) I'm not sure my river bluff was plausable enough to remove a player I had no read on from second pair.

[/ QUOTE ]

nooooooooooooo why u chk turn wih tp
Old 10-28-2005, 11:46 AM

Just in general, this is WAY too passive for heads up.
Old 10-28-2005, 11:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just in general, this is WAY too passive for heads up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know, I am a pansy. But this is technically a tournament so there is no rebuy if you bust. Not sure I want to stick it all in here. Does that change your thinking?
Old 10-28-2005, 12:01 PM

Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing 6s Ac 3c
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
Tc 6c 496 50.10 494 49.90 0 0.00 0.501
Ad Jd 494 49.90 496 50.10 0 0.00 0.499

[ QUOTE ]
Not sure I want to stick it all in here. Does that change your thinking?

[/ QUOTE ]

No.

EDIT: Unless you feel you have a significant overall edge against your opponent.