Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-31-2005, 10:58 PM

Default Re: Open Challenge July: Final report

28k. I suck

-SmileyEH
Old 07-31-2005, 11:21 PM

14,835 PT hands roughly 10 hours of live play, a few STT, 2 HU matches and a lot of practicing HU and a few hours of PS 6max that weren't recorded on my PT I would say roughly 16,500.
Old 07-31-2005, 11:24 PM

dov's 22*2 wins
Old 07-31-2005, 11:39 PM

I can't even beat Stinkypete's numbers from last week so I lose. Finished with somewhere around 26,000.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:09 AM

What happens now?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What happens now?

[/ QUOTE ]

Winner gives the loser an avatar. I like this one for someone who needs inspiration.

I'm assuming it's okay to post this as it's been an avatar before. If not, can a mod please pull it? I'm going to bed.

Krishan
Old 08-01-2005, 01:06 AM

Just to make it official...

I'm not getting any feedback. Someone tell me something other than their final total related to what I spoke of in the above post.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Not exactly sure why a few people were reporting in the week 3 thread after I bumped it to say that this thread wouldn't be up until today. I hope they remember to report in this thread. As always you have until August 2nd to report or you forfeit.

Next month I am going to be traveling and then going to school so I won't have time to run the OC. I definitely like to see it continue though so I would like to ask if anyone would like to take over for the next month, notify me PM or in this thread. Also, maybe it's just me, but I have been getting more and more disappointed with the spirit of competition or the lack there of so when I come back in September I'm not sure if I will want to continue. If you guys are serious about this and want to continue then I would like to see some interest, at least all of the losers getting their avatars. So please voice whether this is still worth it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Emmitt,
IMO, you're a damn good guy and we love your work on this as well as your other input on the forums. I really appreciate you doing this and motivating us to play more. I understand your inablity to do this in the future. However, I am a lazy ass and have no desire to take this over from you. I pray someone else will step up, be a leader and take this over from you. I am and I still think others are very interested in this challenge. I see the evidence of this as just how many people you do have signing up for this every month. As for the avatars, i have always given my opponent one but it is sometimes difficult to think of something creative and humilating. But avatars aren't necessarily the spirit of this whole competition. Although it is a great incentive, playing more hands is the goal. Another thing to note concerning July is that at the beginning people tend to think they will have all of this free time and be able to play more. However, at least for people in the US, July is the month that most of us go on vacation. So I think a lot of us fell victim to that. I wasn't able to play a single hand during the month of July until the 16th. Damn, I make good sandwiches, fluffy thick wheat bread, mayo, mozzerella and provelone, lettuce, salami, pastrami, capacola, ham, bacon some oil and a dash of pepper mmm... delicious, you should try, unless you're jewish or muslim or vegetarian or something.
Old 08-01-2005, 03:54 AM

I think it's just generic self-improvement problems. It's easy to commit to going to the gym on the first Monday in January, or to start a new diet at the beginning of a week, or to pledge to get the hands in this month -- but many times those commitments get broken.

Yet there are a lot of people that finished out the month and I think the challenge needs to continue. For those without RL friends and family that understand and are willing to give us moral support, external pledges like this one are great.

Learning to beat poker requires discipline, initiative, and motivation. I would hope that anyone that plays seriously has the willpower to run this competition. The major issue is one of time. If you don't have the time, I hope someone else will step forward.
Old 08-01-2005, 04:19 AM

most of them played poorly.