Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-21-2005, 12:00 AM

Default Your downswings ever site specific?

When you go into a major downswing, do you ever find it to be site specific? Can you fire up another site and do well, but when you go back to the first site you're still in a downswing?

Just curious because I am experiencing that right now. Signed up with UB and have been on a huge downswing since the first hand. I am 0-16 in their SNGs ranging from $6-$22. I am down 100BB at the $1/$2 NL. I fire up Stars, and I was ITM in 6-13. The 6-max NL is like an ATM machine for me. I go back to UB to try and finish clearing the bonus (which will apparently take me all year) and I go 0-7 again in SNGs and slaughtered at the ring games.

At Stars I get paid off constantly, but at UB I always seem to be up against a monster. The last 6 UB SNGs I busted out of were either full house beaten by quads twice, flush beat my trips, etc etc.

Just wondering if jumping sites during a downswing has helped anyone, or does the bad luck/cards follow you wherever you go until it's over?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:06 AM

Default Re: Your downswings ever site specific?

All of big wins have come from pokerroom, I've tried playing at some bigger sites for the bigger turnouts but I have failed to crack a final table
Old 07-21-2005, 12:08 AM

That's cuz online poker is rigged.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm that's not what I said or what I was implying so I'd appreciate it if you took that stupid ass cliche response and shove it up your ass. It's old, it really is.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:13 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm that's not what I said or what I was implying so I'd appreciate it if you took that stupid ass cliche response and shove it up your ass. It's old, it really is.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, talk about overreacting. Maybe I'd take you seriously if you got a larger sample size.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee, talk about overreacting. Maybe I'd take you seriously if you got a larger sample size.

[/ QUOTE ]

Great idea, I'll go keep dumping money at a site that has destroyed me for the last 2 weeks.

It was a simple question really to see if players here experience downswings that follow them around, or are sort of site specific. I apologize for the quick snap, but I really am tired of responses like that. You contributed nothing to the thread, and knew that when you hit the reply button, so why even bother replying at all?
Old 07-21-2005, 12:22 AM

no - but i will change sites if im losing just to change it up = what you are up against is the typical UB player is just better than the typical party/crypto/stars player.
Old 07-21-2005, 12:22 AM

everytime i go to UB i go on a downswing, I've gotten to were i won't even go there anymore. It seems to me that different sites have different types of players and require different types of play, but then my sample size at most of them is not big enough. I'm sorry you are experiencing this too, but it makes me feel better. Now apologize to gorgeous for over reacting [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-21-2005, 01:13 AM

Oh yeah. Of course my downswings are all limited to a specific site.

That's because the sites deal different distributions of cards.

Here's the root of the problem:
[ QUOTE ]
or does the bad luck/cards follow you wherever you go until it's over?

[/ QUOTE ]

No. The bad players who make multiple mistakes don't follow you either, and should be one of your primary concerns when choosing where to play.
Old 07-21-2005, 01:14 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Just wondering if jumping sites during a downswing has helped anyone, or does the bad luck/cards follow you wherever you go until it's over?

[/ QUOTE ]

Site jumping certainly helps. It's ignorant to think that it wouldn't. Just keep jumping sites till you start winning. Then, when you're winning, jump more sites to avoid another losing streak.

Overall, I never play more than 5 hands in a row at any one site.