Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2005, 05:01 PM

Default Full Tilt Pros

Anyone know where I can find a complete list, I mean like all 60 of them, not just the main 10 or so. I played with David Singer at the final table of the UPC $1500 and he had a jersey on and is apparently Full Tilt. It seems like everyone is nowadays. I sat by Clonie in that tourney as well and she sure is defensive about Full Tilt.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:03 PM

Default Re: Full Tilt Pros

This doesn't relate directly to your post, but I'm curious. Full tilt has the most pros and the least players. Is there a connection?
Old 07-20-2005, 05:07 PM

FT is actually getting a decent amount of play these days, mostly at the low limit NL tables. I just play the $100 tourneys on there, which only get 50-90 usually. I think they are doing a great job though with the "brand"
Old 07-20-2005, 05:11 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This doesn't relate directly to your post, but I'm curious. Full tilt has the most pros and the least players. Is there a connection?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea of playing with pros is ridiculous. Who the hell wants to play in a MTT at any buy in and know there is a good chance they might get stuck at a table with Howard Lederer and Allen Cunningham (<--- Im pretty sure he kills in the MTTs on FT). STOOOOPID.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:15 PM

Actually, the stupid part is that these pros are playing with pennies on the site (with a bankroll provided by FT, of course), and are just screwing around and playing with no effort to satisfy the clause in their contract that requires them to put in X hours/wk on the site. Who cares if there's a pro at the table when they're just f*cking around? That doesn't enhance my playing experience at all.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think the idea of playing with pros is ridiculous. Who the hell wants to play in a MTT at any buy in and know there is a good chance they might get stuck at a table with Howard Lederer and Allen Cunningham (<--- Im pretty sure he kills in the MTTs on FT). STOOOOPID.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm pretty sure there is a bounty (equal to the tourney buy-in) on all pros in all MTTs.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:27 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think the idea of playing with pros is ridiculous. Who the hell wants to play in a MTT at any buy in and know there is a good chance they might get stuck at a table with Howard Lederer and Allen Cunningham

[/ QUOTE ]
I'm going out on a limb here and say there are literally 10's of thousands. Ever heard of the WSOP? I remember there being over 5k people in this tourney and most couldn't wait to get onto a table with pros just so they could beat them.
Old 07-20-2005, 05:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I'm going out on a limb here and say there are literally 10's of thousands.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with this ... It's enough of a difference for me that I'd play a $50 or $100 buy-in on FT because there are a few pros in it.

If nothing else, it's interesting to see how the other players/observers chat it up with them (e.g. Hey Howard, are you playing in the WSOP this year? or ... Hey Matusow you're a fat f'ed up cokehead.).

Good times ...

Plus my "I Busted Chris Ferguson" T-shirt is super-sweet. I'd never wear it outside, but I cherish it nevertheless.

Other than Empire (who will always be my first love), I like FullTilt best ... the interface is good, I like the features they have (visual hand history, sit in any relative position), and I think their marketing is better than anyone's (Piece of Pro promotions, Bustout Bountys).

And the play on the site (which, let's face it, is what matters most) is full of plenty of soft players ... a fact that I think will only increase after all of the WSOP 2005 coverage upcoming.
Old 07-20-2005, 06:15 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If nothing else, it's interesting to see how the other players/observers chat it up with them (e.g. Hey Howard, are you playing in the WSOP this year? or ... Hey Matusow you're a fat f'ed up cokehead.).

[/ QUOTE ]

speaking of which, is matusow actually a member of the "full tilt team"? or is he like the guy in high school who kinda hovers around the clique and tries to act like he fits in (i.e. wearing the gear)

i dont play on full tilt so i dunno if he plays on there or not
Old 07-20-2005, 06:18 PM

They put him on the main website after the WSOP, so I'd say he's a member.