Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-12-2004, 03:00 PM

Location: download an irc client at www.hydrairc.com (freeware not spyware), connect to irc.efnet.net, and join the channel #twoplustwo to chat live with other 2+2 posters
Default Re: Statking?

pokertracker misses hands with screwy blinds or new hh formats

people forget to request hands

sometimes requested hands don't get sent

sometimes requested hands get sent with missing data

if you intend to keep proper records, you have to use statking, a spreadsheet, or something else that is manually entered. this goes for online or offline.
Old 08-13-2004, 12:14 AM

I'd agree with you almost 100% here AG, if it weren't for the fact that some of us forget to enter the data in our spreadsheet - or worse, enter it incorrectly. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 08-17-2004, 03:40 PM

I used to use pokertracker, but became overwhelmed with the amount of data, which I never used (or had time to use). All I really want is a good method of keeping track of my sessions, win/losses, at each venue, etc. Sounds like statking does this.

But the crucial question I have is: is Statking simple to use? I probably would have been satisfied with pokertracker, if it had any kind of decent help manual online, but it does not. Ease of use is my most important consideration.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:21 PM

StatKing is pretty easy to use, and it does have some features you wouldn't get from an Excel spreadsheet. For instance, StatKing can filter your results by game/limit/location/date. It'll also tell you what bankroll you need given your win rate and standard deviation, and it performs some other statical analysis of your results. Plus it has a small, animated image of David Sklansky talking to you that is worth the $35 alone.