Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Medium-Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 12-20-2005, 03:19 PM

Default Good aggro or spewing aggro?

I was playing at 3 tables w/ villian. We had played HU for about 20 minutes and I had run quite hot against him (stacked him 3 times or so). I think I was playing quite good at the time, stealing lots of small at all the tables but I was playing carefully postflop. Villian was good- he was very tag but anytime I got my money in versus him I had a strong hand. At first he was frustrated with my aggro play but I think he realized that I was playing big pots only with good hands. So... who likes and who hates?

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ Hero (6 max, 6 handed) internettexasholdem.com

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

<font color="#C00000">Button ($155.51)</font>
SB ($25.75)
<font color="#C00000">Hero ($413.90)</font>
UTG ($80.05)
MP ($194.20)
CO ($156.50)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. SB posts a blind of $0.50.
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises to $4</font>, SB (poster) calls $3.50, Hero calls $3.

Flop: ($12) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $11</font>, Button calls $11, SB folds.

Turn: ($34) 3[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets $20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to $150</font> (putting villian all in)
Old 12-20-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: Good aggro or spewing aggro?

Would be a lot better if you had the opposite image.

Edit: And I wouldn't call this preflop, reraise frequently tho.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:28 PM

I prefer just leading turn, makes life simpler. You can only get called when beat with the line you took, but otherwise JK or JQ might have called you down.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:28 PM

I don't think so- he had conceded that I was only getting into big pots with big hands, not that I was simply being a bully. He also thought I was running great so was more likely to believe I had hit *another* hand.

I thought this image was better than a tight unknown and almost as good as a known nit.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:34 PM

Oh so it's a bluff? then I truly don't get it, you likely have the best hand.

I would do this if almost never, and only if I had an image that might make me get called by a worse hand.

Just lead the turn.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:41 PM

I like. I think one of these hands he'll get tired of this and call in the wrong spot, like here with his draw.
Old 12-20-2005, 03:42 PM

hm, the old question: which worse hands call, which better hands fold?
We want to force him to make errors, no?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:01 PM

emil- sorry, im tired and being confusing. i thought there was a good chance I had the best hand. i am kind of sorting through my thoughts on my image aloud in the thread.

ahnuld- my experiences with leading the flop and then CRing the turn all in with draws present is that it usually confuses the hell out of bad-avg opponents. i can't say i have a lot of experience doing so against decent opposition. Sometimes they see a monster, sometimes they see a pure bluff.

VH- thats kind of my problem with this hand, in retrospect. Does he see a big hand or air? And which do I want him to see?
Old 12-20-2005, 04:18 PM

I think you have a shot at folding out an overpair, but I don't think he has one. You'll almost never get a call from a worse hand, but you do protect against draws. Of course just leading out protects your hand as well. Good players check behind with draws her a lot. It doesn't seem like he would bluffraise you.

IMO a lead is clearly better.