Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling

Old 12-13-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: New version of Party Beta?

My pt was acting funny. I couldn't tell if it was importing or not. The message was "timer fired - 3 new files found. 0 hands imported" what the hell does that mean.

Also with the old beta I had an icon for the original PP and an icon for the betaPP. I could switch back and forth between each one if I wanted too. The new beta did some funny stuff to the original PP. It is still under programfiles/party poker, and the beta is still under programfiles/partypokerbeta but the original client is now resizable and the beta is the old beta. That came out kind of confusing but basically the new software did not download to the BETA file but overwrote the originall PP and now I have two beta's and no origianl.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:17 PM

[ QUOTE ]

My pt was acting funny. I couldn't tell if it was importing or not. The message was "timer fired - 3 new files found. 0 hands imported" what the hell does that mean.

[/ QUOTE ]

I get the same message. Pretty sure that it's not importing any hands.
Old 12-13-2005, 01:26 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i have been using the original beta since it came out and it had given me no problems at all 9-tabling until last night, when it crashed without warning 4 times in 5 hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

There is a reason why it is still a "beta".
Old 12-13-2005, 01:29 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The big news with this version is that it stops data mining. Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.

I'm happy to see an end to data mining but I'll miss using PAHud to locate good tables by seeing their stats before I sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only speed up the development of datamining apps instead. This who realy want to mine will always have an option for it. So it does NOT stop data mining.
Old 12-13-2005, 02:01 PM

Ahhhhh I just want the crashes to be fixed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-13-2005, 02:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apperently you have no idea what a beta is and why they are made [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
Old 12-13-2005, 02:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Apperently you have no idea what a beta is and why they are made [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

So, because it is still in beta, I can't want it to be fixed?
Old 12-13-2005, 02:39 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Observed hands aren't being read by pokertracker for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right. Notice that when you open tables that the hand #s are not underlined ... sit at a table and the # is underlined and becomes clickable ... wait a few hands for the blinds to come around and click on a hand # ... you see a red X and get the message “Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.”

If you are not dealt into a hand the hand history is not available to PT ... even if you are sitting at the table. PAHud also does not work on observed tables; it only works now for games you are dealt in.

Something I just thought of and haven’t checked out is whether or not you can still get the full hand histories by email.
Old 12-13-2005, 03:18 PM

Errr. One could always use the Old Beta...never overwriting it...in order to datamine
Old 12-13-2005, 03:23 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
The big news with this version is that it stops data mining. Hand histories are displayed only for hands in which you were dealt cards.

I'm happy to see an end to data mining but I'll miss using PAHud to locate good tables by seeing their stats before I sit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This will only speed up the development of datamining apps instead. This who realy want to mine will always have an option for it. So it does NOT stop data mining.

[/ QUOTE ]

What makes you think that? Party has a strict rule against programs that scrape the screen and the .hhf files no longer store any relevant data. Without breaking Partys' T&C there is no way to datamine with the new beta version.