Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 12-04-2005, 03:50 AM

Default 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

8 handed. I've been playing for an hour or two and haven't won any pots. I've played a decent amount of them and it just hasn't been going my way.

I raise black 4's utg+1, liz lieu (sp?) 3 bets 2 spots later. I don't know that much about her game other than schneids says he's pretty sure she plays pretty well and that she often plays big like 400/800. We haven't banged heads yet though.

I call.

flop J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]

I check she bets, I call.

turn 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

I check, she bets, I call.

river J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

I bet, she raises and it feels kinda weak, I?
Old 12-04-2005, 03:53 AM

Default Re: 200/400 bellagio vs liz lieu

The correct play here is to ask her to marry you, she is hot and good at poker. Onto the actual hand, if it feels weak, 3 betting is waaay superior to calling IMO, there is no reason you cant have a jack here, and you're 3 bet should get her to fold some hands that you are behind.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:08 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Onto the actual hand, if it feels weak, 3 betting is waaay superior to calling IMO, there is no reason you cant have a jack here, and you're 3 bet should get her to fold some hands that you are behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

BK raised preflop UTG + 1. He checkcalled flop. He checkcalled turn. He donk bet the river. On teh river, there are two Jacks on board.

Liz has all the reason in the world to believe that BK ain't got Jack.

BK obviously value bet the river. Normally, I would fold to that river raise. Here, I would call just to see what's up. Stupid sounding reason I know but that's what I would do. I would not 3 bet. I simply don't see her dropping a better hand.
Old 12-04-2005, 06:22 AM

God I always call this stupid raise online and then get mad at myself for betting the river without intending to call the raise. If it feels kind of weak that is enough reason to atleast call. But if u find yourself always betting this river and calling the raise then u need to stop betting it in the first place, cause the default play here is clearly value bet and fold to a raise. Either way these 200-400 posts are the best, keep em coming
Old 12-04-2005, 11:58 AM

I've never felt betting this rivers was worth it. I get raised too much because my bet looks like I've got nothing, but I constantly worry I'm getting raised by nothing so I'm tempted to call. Someone here suggests a 3 bet, but I think that is crazy. They aren't going to fold. Nobody ever folds.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:10 PM

definitely call the raise. expect to see 88 or something as well as AK and AQ and worse sometimes, and obviously AJ, etc. ive played with her a handful of times and you play way better and think about the game way more. btw she's calling you down 100% of the time there if she has anything better than A high, this was like that thing we were talking about, these people always call down, they dont laydown hands like you and other 2+2 guys do.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:45 PM

Can someone confirm that she's the original floater?

~D
Old 12-04-2005, 12:57 PM

she doesnt want you to fold mr. kick...she wants you to die. you got wayyy to far off the winning poker reservation here and paid the price.
Old 12-04-2005, 12:58 PM

Yes, I can confirm that she was one of the few people who inspired the term Floater ("trademark MS aka Nomar)
Old 12-04-2005, 01:57 PM

Looks good to me. Its kinda close but since her three betting range is fairly big, and there are ton of draws that you could have missed I think you need to bet. If you feel like you cant fold to a raise, and she is going to be poping you with stuff like 99 for value then it probably becomes a tougher decision. Given the board and the action I really dont think you can fold the river, especailly if you feel like you have a read.