Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 12-29-2005, 10:56 AM

Default Re: Dec 28th RESULTS

This is macattack4 and my first post ever! Now I am legit.

Both Atlantic and Pacific were great for about 2/3 of the way as I proceeded to build a chip lead in each. Then rather quickly, systematically, and predictably, I proceeded to blow each chip lead, one costing me money and one costing me 1st.

In the Pacific, with three left, I had 13.5K, Slacka has 11.5K, and Gump had 2K (excuse the estimates). Gump made a great comeback.

The hand that turned the chip lead from me to gump 3 handed occurred when I caught gump on a thin semi-bluff but the river counterfeited my hand. At least, that's my story.

It has been a pleasure playing in these as I refine my game. Except for doctorgj, everybody has really nice. Perhaps my Aces full vs. his Queems full got him a little upset.

If Jek is listening, I propose the following for these going forward:

Every week, I offer the same deal, if there are 15 or more players, can we pay 4 spots instead of 3?
Old 12-29-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Every week, I offer the same deal, if there are 15 or more players, can we pay 4 spots instead of 3?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have made ME happy last night Mac!
Good first post!!
Sea
Old 12-29-2005, 12:46 PM

Stars' standard payout for MTT tournaments pays 4 at 28 players. To get a special arrangement for these games to pay 4 at 15 players, (5 at some higher number also prob), we would have to contact support@pokerstars.com and make a request. I kind of doubt that it will happen, but you never know. They do give KotZ a break on the vig, so anything is possible if you ask, I guess.

Doc
Old 12-29-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That would have made ME happy last night Mac!
Good first post!!
Sea

[/ QUOTE ]

Me as well [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Also, can anyone email me the tournament summary, or at least the tournament number? I just got a PC, and I'm screwing around with PT. I emailed stars support last night asking for it, and they sent me a tournament from late 2004 that i didn't even play in. Thought it was sort of weird that they would send me a tournament summary of a game i didn't play in, but whatever.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:12 PM

Thanks Doc.

I thought that this was more like a P* SNG in which 18 entrants pay 4, 27 pay 5. I would imagine that this technically isn't a SNG.

I vote for making the request. No problem if it gets denied.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:36 PM

Atlantic was tourney #17072656. Not sure about the late game.
Old 12-29-2005, 01:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
everybody has [been] really nice.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll say!! Calling your obvious AK-whiff-bluff-push over my terrifying full-pot lead on the paired J's board, with my weakly limped, undefendably (word?) raise called 88 --- that's pretty nice indeed [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

And it's about time you post. Much better to donate to those that subject themselves to the same public humilation as the rest of us on this forum. Welcome!
Old 12-29-2005, 01:46 PM

[ QUOTE ]
This is macattack4 and my first post ever! Now I am legit.

Both Atlantic and Pacific were great for about 2/3 of the way as I proceeded to build a chip lead in each. Then rather quickly, systematically, and predictably, I proceeded to blow each chip lead, one costing me money and one costing me 1st.

In the Pacific, with three left, I had 13.5K, Slacka has 11.5K, and Gump had 2K (excuse the estimates). Gump made a great comeback.

The hand that turned the chip lead from me to gump 3 handed occurred when I caught gump on a thin semi-bluff but the river counterfeited my hand. At least, that's my story.

It has been a pleasure playing in these as I refine my game. Except for doctorgj, everybody has really nice. Perhaps my Aces full vs. his Queems full got him a little upset.

If Jek is listening, I propose the following for these going forward:

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the doctor, thanks for calling, I'm listening...
I personally don't have a strong feeling on the payout. I'll go with the flow. I have seen some resistance when you have chatted the option in the past. There may not be resistance to the structure if it was part of the original tourney set up.
My decisions are made in a democratic method of discussion and a vote of the members who care. At least as far as it appears to those involved.....but you how power is...
It might make creating the tourney a bit more complex and time consuming for the commissioner......uh oh, Houston we have a problem....the commissioner is time sensitive...
I'll post the question next week and see what we get.

I'm glad you left lurker land, welcome.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:00 PM

One possible solution that does not require help from PS is an agreement before the game for a transfer from the winners to the bubble. Of course it assumes you trust all the players to follow through, but I don't see that as a problem in this group. Ie: The three players that cash in the game each transfer $5 to the person who bubbled.

Has been done before, and might be worth a try.

Doc
Old 12-29-2005, 08:48 PM

Default Re: Trout Games Dec 28th

I'm in for heads up this week. Only 2 of us so far, so I figure I got at least a 20% chance of winning [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img].

joeblue