Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: It\'s that time again...* *November Goals Thread**

If you are willing to use $300 cash, you should consider just playing a 5.50R turbo to the $175 double shootout. It might take a few tries to get it, but when you do, you can play few more sats and just build up your W$. Then instead of costing $300 for 1 $650 seat, it cost like $75, and you have a stockpile of W$ to try again.
Old 11-02-2005, 07:53 PM

-Not loosing all of my 50$ bankroll this month
-Pwn in the Nordic tournament tomorrow
-Make 5 final tables (4 last month)
-Make a single tournament win of over 1,000$ (remember I only got a $50 bankroll this month)
Old 11-02-2005, 08:06 PM

Just had a discussion with myself, and it's time for a new plan of action:

November and Onward

School is not happening for me. Therefor, it's time to rape the pokerworld of as much money as i can, and try and secure some money for the future. Therefor i must take this [censored] serious, not play over my head, and focus on games when i play them. Not to say i can't enjoy it, but i have to take playing poker seriously.

So, my goals for November are still basically the same, but with more emphasis and heart.

** Work my way up to the 33's. At the 11's currently. (STT Goal)
** Qualify for Atlantis
** Qualify for Monte Carlo
** Qualify for Copenhagen (If they start up in November)
** Win lots of money. I mean lots.

--

LETS GO.

"Schools are for fishes"
Old 11-02-2005, 10:16 PM

1) Do well in my classes.
2) Play more tournaments!
3) Qualify for the Sunday tourney on Stars (then unregister)
4) Read more hand histories...
5) Go see Barry Greenstein speak at my school...
Old 11-03-2005, 03:58 PM

1) 150% ROI, not counting the 50+4 I won on Nov 1 (feels like counting it would be cheating).

2) Use $500 to win ten Super seats through satellites.

3) Five FT's
Old 11-07-2005, 03:53 AM

Maybe you should put poker on hold and take school more seriously?
Old 11-07-2005, 12:42 PM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahabahaha

no, but seriously, i'm not ditching school for poker. I'm ditching school, beccause it's not for me, at this point. And i just so happen to be playing poker at a profitable time, so i'm going to trty and exploit that while i can. (Not that i anticipate poker becoming unbeatable, but who knows what happens in the future)
Old 11-07-2005, 12:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

ahahahabahaha

no, but seriously, i'm not ditching school for poker. I'm ditching school, beccause it's not for me, at this point. And i just so happen to be playing poker at a profitable time, so i'm going to trty and exploit that while i can. (Not that i anticipate poker becoming unbeatable, but who knows what happens in the future)

[/ QUOTE ]

You really are playing insane amounts of poker. A good % of people who drop out of school regret it. This isn't a small decision, and the default should definitely be to stay in school because leaving and coming back in sucks (take it from like 1/4 of my friends).
Old 11-07-2005, 01:35 PM

Alright, guess i'll explain my situation a bit more.

If i wasn't playing poker, school would not magically become more of a priority to me. I would be doing something else (something less productive, probably).

What's the reason people go to shool? A) To learn B) To impress Grad. Schools C) To put on Resume.

Ok, now i dont want to go to Grad school, and I don't want to work for someone else. Now that sounds silly because no one wants to work for someone else, but I really think i can get by/be successful on my own. I'm not convinced about how i'm going to do it, but i'm motivated by my hatred of school, to figure it out.

(That said, i do see a point in individual classes, like, if i needed to learn Accounting, i'd go and take the class, it's the whole 'degree' [censored], and 4 years of classes i could care less about that i have a problem with )
Old 11-07-2005, 01:47 PM

I'm with ya Ex, I went to college for 2 years, and got severely burned out on it. I liked some of the classes, but some of the classes bored me to death, and I felt like it wasn't relevant to what I wanted to do anyways. Eventually I'll get some sort of degree I guess, and might go back to take a few good classes here or there, but at this point in my life, I don't really need a college degree. I got a decent paying job with awesome benefits, and days off to do whatever I want. I don't have the right job to attack the tournaments every nite (fridays and saturdays and early sunday are my only tourney times now, although I toss in a 7pm or earlier every now and then, if I get deep, I just go without a little sleep).

College is so easy to burn out on if you take a full load (like I was) I bet going at a slower pace would be alot better.