Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Other Poker Games
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2005, 01:52 AM

Default TD A-5 - standard, or weak sauce?

Yeah I'm slumming it in A-5 lately, I tend to wind down nightly with 1/2 hour of TD before I got to bed..... comments on 2nd round please.

Side note - what do you think the standard TD player of my caliber (meaning good enough, I have to be modest sometimes) needs in a TD roll to take a stab at the 10/20 games? They seem squishy soft...

Euri10's TD converter

Hand number: 9174140-1643
Level: $2/$4
Players:
SB($76) seat 0
BB($116) seat 1
Hero($238) seat 2
MP($54) seat 3
CO($170) seat 4
Button($49) seat 5

Button at seat 5

SB posts. Hero posts.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

Round 1(0.75BB)

MP folds. CO calls. Button calls. SB raises. Hero re-raises. CO calls. Button calls. SB re-raises. Hero calls. CO calls. Button calls. SB takes 1. Hero takes 1. CO takes 3. Button takes 3.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 2(7.25BB)

SB bets. Hero calls. CO calls. Button calls. SB takes 1. Hero stands pat. CO takes 2. Button takes 1.

Hand: 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]

Round 3(9.25BB)

SB checks. Hero bets. CO
folds. Button calls. SB calls. SB takes 1. Hero stands pat. Button
takes 1.

Round 4(12.25BB)

SB checks. Hero bets. Button folds. SB folds.

TT [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Euri10 - do you see why?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:02 AM

Default Re: TD A-5 - standard, or weak sauce?

[ QUOTE ]

Side note - what do you think the standard TD player of my caliber (meaning good enough, I have to be modest sometimes) needs in a TD roll to take a stab at the 10/20 games? They seem squishy soft...

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've fixed the overtight problem and have $1k you could lose in it, take the shot. At least from time to time they are really soft.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:12 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If you've fixed the overtight problem and have $1k you could lose in it, take the shot. At least from time to time they are really soft.

[/ QUOTE ]

Playing short games mostly now, and my ability to fold hands early has really pumped up my roll. I started at .50/1 with a buck, I now have nearly 1000 and change BB for that game. I think I'd want a bit more than a dime however (I can afford to lose it, I'm just trying to be practical). Perhaps 1.5K?

TT [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:18 AM

Once you've gotten through $1k you should be able to tell if you can beat the game or not.

What game have you been in on UB recently?
Old 10-26-2005, 02:22 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Once you've gotten through $1k you should be able to tell if you can beat the game or not.

What game have you been in on UB recently?

[/ QUOTE ]

I play anything up to 4/8 because thats the biggest game my TD roll can afford so far (the 5/10 game shave never run while I am around). I have also been playing quite a lot of A-5 most recently, I didn't realize how bad the opponents were at these levels (compared to the 2-7 players at the same levels) until recently.

Old 10-26-2005, 02:29 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
is there a problem with the showdown ? the lady doesn't want to reveal her hand ?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
Old 10-26-2005, 02:31 AM

I assume you're not capping in round 2 because you're going for the overcalls and trying to keep the CO and the button who are likely drawing dead in the hand. Although you occasionally might get an extra bet here by raising, the likelyhood that either the CO or the button will continue for 2 bets seems low after they both drew 3 (although they both drew 3 in a capped pot, so it's a little harder to predict what's on their minds). Although standing pat after calling looks fishy, the moral of the story is that this play will occasionally net you 1 to 2 more big bets, and that's a good moral.
Old 10-26-2005, 02:56 AM

Going for overcalls with the near nuts is a pet peeve of mine. It's probably a better move than I give it credit for, but it does have some unintended consequences.

It gives out a ton of information to opponents that are paying attention. First off, they should realize you have a very good hand right now. On future hands, they should know that you DON'T have as good of a hand when you raise in this spot. So, I hate this play against even semi-okay opponents.

Oh, and I took my first shot at 10/20 with $600 I didn't need. I lost that and then took another shot when I had an extra $500 and didn't look back.
Old 10-26-2005, 08:51 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
[img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
is there a problem with the showdown ? the lady doesn't want to reveal her hand ?
[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

No.... I guess you didn't see why then. I [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] you for your amazing converter!

TT
Old 10-26-2005, 08:54 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Going for overcalls with the near nuts is a pet peeve of mine. It's probably a better move than I give it credit for, but it does have some unintended consequences.

It gives out a ton of information to opponents that are paying attention. First off, they should realize you have a very good hand right now. On future hands, they should know that you DON'T have as good of a hand when you raise in this spot. So, I hate this play against even semi-okay opponents.

Oh, and I took my first shot at 10/20 with $600 I didn't need. I lost that and then took another shot when I had an extra $500 and didn't look back.

[/ QUOTE ]

RS: Thats why I posted this hand, my two opponents were obviously so week that I couldn't tell if I made an error in announcing the strength of my hand. But then again raising would have done the same after taking one card on the first draw.

Shot: Interesting... This is something I would never do at Hold'em, but at TD I'm willing to give it a go. Are you still playing 10/20? I haven't seen you, I've been watching that limit a lot recently.