Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Rake Back
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2005, 05:39 PM

Default I guess I am PP VIP now.

Dear

Congratulations, and welcome to the exclusive PartyPoker.com VIP Club!

Open by invitation only, you have earned your VIP Club membership through the loyalty you have shown to PartyPoker.com, and you will now earn greater dividends for your play.

We are contacting VIP players with a special offer for November to kick things off. If you have not already received your offer from PartyPoker.com you will receive it in the coming days.
As a VIP Club member you will receive exclusive bonuses, promotions and special events based on your play every month. Each offer is specifically catered to you, and many of these promotions are only available to VIP Club members.

The best part is we are providing you with direct VIP customer service access. You may bypass the general customer service phone lines and contact a specially-trained PartyPoker.com representative who will handle your account issues. We are here to help you! Emails may be sent to vip@partypoker.com

This will be an exciting time for you at PartyPoker.com, and we look forward to seeing you on the tables soon!

Kind regards,

PartyPoker.com VIP SERVICES

vip@partypoker.com

How much is this worth? Is this those crazy "play 10,000,000 hands recieve $3" deals?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:41 PM

Default Re: I guess I am PP VIP now.

did u just open a new pp account and get this, if so what limits/ how long did it take u to get this e mail?
Old 11-07-2005, 05:48 PM

Yea, new account about middle of last month. Play 5/10 5 max... about 15,000 hands since then.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How much is this worth? Is this those crazy "play 10,000,000 hands recieve $3" deals?

[/ QUOTE ]

See this.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Each offer is specifically catered to you, and many of these promotions are only available to VIP Club members.

[/ QUOTE ]

English language hijack.

Has anyone heard the use of "cater" in this fashion before? I believe "catering to" someone's needs / desires is common and appropriate; I've never heard of an item (like an offer) being "catered to" someone. In my experience most will use "tailored to" in this structure and I have never seen the use of "catered to" in this manner.

Sorry for hijack - gotta keep up with these crazy kids' far-out lingo.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:28 PM

I got in also. woot.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:22 PM

me too
Old 11-07-2005, 08:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
me too

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2005, 08:34 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
me too

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 11-07-2005, 08:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The best part is we are providing you with direct VIP customer service access. You may bypass the general customer service phone lines and contact a specially-trained PartyPoker.com representative who will handle your account issues.

[/ QUOTE ]

I got this e-mail too. My favorite part is that there is NO PHONE NUMBER listed for us "special" people.

As I mentioned in the VIP thread, my VIP rep said 4K raked hands a month gets you into VIP. Supposedly everyone with that qualification is getting a tailored offer based on their previous play. I really screwed myself by only multitabling low limit PL/NL games for October so I got a chitty offer (30K hands for $150) Had I known October was a "test" period I would have played higher limits to get a better offer for November. And it didn't matter that I played 25K hands in 2 weeks either, it was the limit that mattered.

There is plenty of info in the various VIP threads to garner some insight as to who gets what, why and so forth.

This lastest e-mail did nothing to bolster my confidence...

[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]