Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-02-2005, 11:03 AM

Default Re: LC: One year ago (Stolen from STT Forum)

Nov 2005: Made my 4th deposit of $600 on Empire Poker, and swore that I wouldn't put another penny into that account. When that was gone, I swore I would be done with online poker forever.

Played mostly 10+1 SNGs, 3/6 Limit, and a few MTTs a week, although mostly low limit satellites into the weekly 10K, 25K's etc.

Had a consistent history of grinding out small wins, only to move up prematurely and piss it all away.

Couldn't get away from King-Jack offsuit. Ever.

Nov 2006: Never had to make another deposit online.

Got Poker Tracker and logged approximately 200,000 hands in ring games and a ton of MTTs and STTs.

Still play some limit, mostly 10/20 or 15/30 6-max for +5BB/100. But it still makes me want to murder myself.

Learned and played a ton of PLO, mostly 400 (but 2000 when I'm mentally up for it) for +22BB/100.

Won my first big MTT. Did it again 3 months later. 6 figures combined ... awww yyyyea.

Moved up to mostly 109s SNGs, sometimes wander into the 215s. Am still amazed at the mediocre play and lack of creativity. 42% ITM/34% ROI.

Played in the Main Event at the WSOP, bought in directly. I didn't win it. Some Australian guy did.

Opened up an account on PokerStars (to play small MTTs) so I an still get my fix when I'm drunk or not focused.